Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Open area -- discuss anything you want. Start a topic? Sure! (1,130)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Unfinished plans and a watchdog.

Jerry and I (OK,  Jerry) was a goer and a doer.  I picked one place I wanted to see with him and we didn't make it.  It was on the long wee…

Started by Rainy

6 on Tuesday
Reply by Rainy

Is morning or night worst for you? How do you get through it?

I'm telling myself, "it's only been 2 months and you were married 47 years, loved him for 49" so as other people tell me, it's all so raw.…

Started by InsideLove

34 Jan 15
Reply by Susan

Would you do it again?

If you were able to travel back to the first date with your spouse knowing what you do now and unable to change the future would you have w…

Started by Rich

34 Jan 14
Reply by danny's girl

VOLUNTEER

What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

I had a person who was in the throes of divorce tell me that MY loss was "beautiful and romantic." My husband was dying of cancer at the ti…

Started by Soaring Spirits

3296 Jan 14
Reply by Mary H

Stop by this Forum when you need a positive 'pick me up'

I guess I have a reputation here of putting a positive spin on things. I'll take that. As long as you understand that doesn't mean that thi…

Started by Dianne in Nevada

711 Jan 14
Reply by Lev

Practical Questions as a NEW WIDOW

My Jerry, had me spoiled a lot.  I never had to worry about car issues, house issues etc.   I am evidently really hard on my tires, or may…

Started by Rainy

14 Jan 13
Reply by Rainy

Tired of recieving mail in spouses name? Heres the number to opt out.

I'm really getting tired of recieving mail with my wifes name on it. Junk mail, mostly credit card offers. Maybe I should just take them up…

Started by JK (OK)

12 Jan 12
Reply by Doug02122014

Catastrophizing and anxiety

This is the only place I feel safe sharing topics like this, with others, who are more likely to understand- I am a bit of an "Over thinker…

Started by soulmate

3 Jan 9
Reply by Athena53

VOLUNTEER

Let's Get Acquainted

Someone posted this request in a private Facebook group I'm in and I thought it might be good to do in here, too.  Let's us know who all is…

Started by Soaring Spirits

64 Jan 2
Reply by Susan

Bereavement

Hi. Every one. my sole mate of 44 years took his own life, leaving a note saying his disability was getting worse, and he did not want to b…

Started by Bibbys1960

3 Dec 30, 2017
Reply by Callie2

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service