Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Open area -- discuss anything you want. Start a topic? Sure! (1,212)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

*Soaring Spirits Regional Groups

Soaring Spirits provides widowed people with the chance to meet socially, and to create a local community of widowed friends through our Re…

Started by Dianne in Nevada

7 Oct 7
Reply by rm2121

What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

I was told that at least I have enough money. I told person i would trade that to get husband back after I picked up teeth.

Started by Canshifter

19 Oct 7
Reply by rm2121

Who is going to Camp Widow Toronto November 2, 3, 4, 2018

Who is going or thinking of going to Camp Widow Toronto? November 2, 3, 4, 2018? Going early, staying late?  Wondering who else is going? S…

Started by Patience

2 Oct 6
Reply by Patience

Keeping your Loved One's Ashes

Hi everyone I am 6 months into my grief journey, abut it feels like 1 million years ago since I saw my Rick's handsome face. How can it onl…

Started by Shoosie2

24 Oct 5
Reply by NoLongerInBergenJC

I’m so hurt

Hello friends. I’m posting here because you have no investment in my late husband, who has been gone now for almost two years.   I need to…

Started by catapan

2 Oct 4
Reply by laurajay

VOLUNTEER

Introduce yourselves, please!

WELCOME to our community ... tell us about you!

Started by Soaring Spirits

4953 Oct 3
Reply by Athena53

Now I box?

Never thought we would turn into a boxing family. There was so much frustration and anger and sadness we decided to just get punching bags…

Started by Luv4Z

7 Oct 3
Reply by Fromage

My life has turned into a bad B-movie...

In 2013, I lost my 60 year old husband to Alzheimer's. I cared for him for 7 years before he passed. A year later I decided I needed to get…

Started by ShannonP

2 Oct 1
Reply by J in Florida

VOLUNTEER

Losing my home.

I wonder how many widows -- statistically -- need to leave their homes. There are so many issues.. the work of owning or maintaining the ho…

Started by Soaring Spirits

153 Sep 28
Reply by widwom

I need some advice. I am a widower, who fell in love with a widow. Now, we are still in love but not dating... OMG this is so confusing!

So I am here hoping to get input from others who may have been in this place. I lost my wife of 24 years in 2014 and have dated quite a bit…

Started by bt660

14 Sep 25
Reply by laurajay

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service