Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Open area -- discuss anything you want. Start a topic? Sure! (1,165)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

VOLUNTEER

What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

I had a person who was in the throes of divorce tell me that MY loss was "beautiful and romantic." My husband was dying of cancer at the ti…

Started by Soaring Spirits

3342 Apr 10
Reply by ForeverMourning

What everyone else wants to tell us about our grief

Today I found this and thought that it speaks to all of us: " I had my own notion of grief. I thought that it was the sad time That follows…

Started by Lev

1 Apr 10
Reply by Nitabug

What is the most comforting thing someone has said to you since your loss?

"You take all the time you need. I honor your courage as you walk through your grief and trust you as you navigate this time." - Mom I did…

Started by Mel

3 Apr 10
Reply by SweetMelissa2007

Emotional Days?

I have been doing well dealing with the death of my husband 8 months ago - and, I know it has not been that long but he was sick over two y…

Started by Dez

5 Apr 9
Reply by myranndah

The Value Of A WV Penpal

Hello to all my fellow travelers. Today marks the second anniversary of one of the best things to happen to me since I was widowed in March…

Started by Deb

7 Apr 7
Reply by Soaring Spirits

What else have you found to help with anxiety/attacks, if you have/had them?

My counselor and husband's cardiologist (I stay connected with him because of his compassion for my husband over the years) identified what…

Started by InsideLove

10 Apr 6

No music for us

There is music for unrequited love, music for found love, and music for lost love (break ups).   It would be great if there was music for t…

Started by kenslove

14 Apr 2
Reply by InsideLove

What everyone else wants to tell us about our grief

Today I found this and thought that it speaks to all of us: " I had my own notion of grief. I thought that it was the sad time That follows…

Started by Lev

4 Apr 2
Reply by Ma_Megabyte

Ever heard of "continuing bonds?"

I've been emailing with a friend I've made here about such a thing, a continuing bond. She calls it integrating the life loved, with the li…

Started by InsideLove

6 Apr 1

Why, why do we suffer so?

i lost my husband on January 23, 2018. It was a long term illness for 4 years.  I was his Soul caregiver. The end was terrible for him and…

Started by Linda C

6 Mar 29
Reply by Ma_Megabyte

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service