Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

jrval's Discussions (12)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"I thought one year would be magic, that all of a sudden everything would come into f…"

jrval replied May 20 to Life Changes. (But things do get better.)

11 May 20
Reply by Danielle

"Yes,  it is.  It is a totally different life, not the life I had planned for myself,…"

jrval replied May 20 to Life Changes. (But things do get better.)

11 May 20
Reply by Danielle

"Susan:   I wrote this in my journal almost two years ago and called it "Finding the…"

jrval replied Apr 27 to How Do You Live As Half of a Person...

24 May 8
Reply by chef (John)

"I was forty five when I was widowed in 2011.  I am in a totally different place now…"

jrval replied Apr 18 to How old were you when your spouse died? How does your age affect your self-concept now that you're on your own?

684 Aug 8
Reply by Athena53

VOLUNTEER

"Can we talk for a minute about love? Real heartbreaking, marvelous, disastrous, powe…"

jrval replied Sep 9, 2016 to SEPTEMBER Anniversaries, Birthdays and Other Special Days

33 Sep 23, 2016
Reply by Nieta

"Um, I guess it just depends.  I was widowed at 45 totally unexpectedly.  My husband…"

jrval replied Aug 11, 2016 to WIDOWS SEEN BY MARRIED WOMEN AS PREDATORS?

60 Aug 11, 2016
Reply by Nieta

VOLUNTEER

"You are still very new in the journey, it will take you places you never thought you…"

jrval replied Aug 5, 2016 to Introduce yourselves, please!

4490 yesterday
Reply by IBelieveInYou

VOLUNTEER

"Because you don't look them in the eye and think that.  Instead you think and say "…"

4490 yesterday
Reply by IBelieveInYou

VOLUNTEER

"Absolutely right!  First love yourself, love your life, enjoy who you are.  When JR…"

4490 yesterday
Reply by IBelieveInYou

VOLUNTEER

"Hi  May name is jrval and I have been widowed now for over five years.  I lost JR in…"

4490 yesterday
Reply by IBelieveInYou

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service