Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

bethsheba's Discussions (29)

Discussions Replied To (24) Replies Latest Activity

VOLUNTEER

"Losing one's spouse IS different. Sounds like you should keep wearing your wedding b…"

bethsheba replied Jun 20 to When did you remove your wedding rings?

672 Sep 11
Reply by Maria

"your non-widowed friends mean well but they don't get it. stay home. at least for a…"

bethsheba replied Apr 28, 2015 to Advice on Vacations in the First Year?

22 May 28, 2015
Reply by Dianne in Nevada

VOLUNTEER

"I am appalled too.  Unfortunately it sounds like he assumed it was a date.  I call t…"

bethsheba replied Oct 15, 2014 to When did you remove your wedding rings?

672 Sep 11
Reply by Maria

"WOW what a position to be in... "husband had the opportunity to tell me how he felt…"

bethsheba replied Aug 3, 2013 to For those who do not want to date ...

509 May 30
Reply by SweetMelissa2007

VOLUNTEER

"yesterday...somebody I hadn't seen in a while asked me if I had remarried. Akward.  …"

bethsheba replied Jun 27, 2013 to When did you remove your wedding rings?

672 Sep 11
Reply by Maria

"I tell them "thank you very much but i'm spoken for...but i'm very flattered you ask…"

bethsheba replied Jun 26, 2013 to Unwanted Attention? How to deal.

4 Jul 1, 2013
Reply by Dianne in Nevada

"LOTS of people equate a divorce with being a widow.  They are (pardon me for lack of…"

bethsheba replied May 24, 2012 to Girlfriend doesn't like to see picture of my late wife

82 Jul 23, 2012
Reply by aussiewidow

"gaw!!!   now I just want to slap someone. I get that too (Joe was 25+ older than me)…"

bethsheba replied May 24, 2012 to People Assume...fill in the blank or tell your incident/moment...

29 May 24, 2012
Reply by Juliana

"my LH was a reitred police officer long before I met him.  Still the fellowship of t…"

bethsheba replied May 24, 2012 to wondering if anyone was married to a Police Officer?

8 Jun 7, 2012
Reply by Susan

VOLUNTEER

"amen"

bethsheba replied May 10, 2012 to Introduce yourselves, please!

4934 10 hours ago
Reply by julep67

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service