Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

saltypearl's Discussions (59)

Discussions Replied To (56) Replies Latest Activity

VOLUNTEER

"I attended a wedding just a few weeks after Jon passed.  Experiencing that I would s…"

saltypearl replied Mar 22, 2015 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3385 on Saturday
Reply by NoLongerInBergenJC

"I tried a few movies by myself before I was married, hated it.  I felt awkward the w…"

saltypearl replied Dec 28, 2014 to Have you or would you go to a movie alone?

39 Jan 9, 2015
Reply by widow85

"I decided to ditch my snowmen collection that Jon helped me build and switch to Nutc…"

saltypearl replied Dec 1, 2014 to Getting through the first holiday season

23 Dec 8, 2014
Reply by MissingCarolyn(Steve)

VOLUNTEER

"I think your good friend is kinda a jerk.  Because you have lost your love you are d…"

saltypearl replied Oct 14, 2014 to When did you remove your wedding rings?

671 Jul 30
Reply by Dianne in Nevada

"I cry in my vehicle and after I put the kids to bed.  The lonely seems debilitating."

saltypearl replied Sep 30, 2014 to overwhelmed by sadness

4 Oct 1, 2014
Reply by widow85

VOLUNTEER

"Oh missmike, I'm so sorry to welcome you.  Your experience is frightfully similar to…"

saltypearl replied Aug 31, 2014 to Introduce yourselves, please!

4897 Aug 10
Reply by Tess

"I'm there with you also.  Jon died when I was 17 weeks pregnant,  we also had a litt…"

saltypearl replied Aug 9, 2014 to New baby - funeral - love forever

6 Aug 9, 2014
Reply by saltypearl

"I quilt, cross stitch or do landscaping work outside until the sun sets.  With 2 you…"

saltypearl replied Aug 9, 2014 to What do Widows do on Friday Night?

60 Nov 22, 2014
Reply by booktime (Susan)

"I attempted to donate my husbands organs, but due to the unknown infection that caus…"

saltypearl replied Aug 9, 2014 to Organ Donation

10 Sep 11, 2014
Reply by Sara

"I would have asked where keys were to everything and how to operate stuff.  I have n…"

saltypearl replied Jul 27, 2014 to What's something you wish you had asked before your spouse died?

116 Aug 5, 2014
Reply by Hope

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service