Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Melissa's Discussions (60)

Discussions Replied To (41) Replies Latest Activity

"Today is my first deathiversary. I'm hoping to be distracted by work for most of the…"

Melissa replied Apr 2 to Death Anniversary

23 Apr 21
Reply by Helen

"Tanne, It sounds to me like you could benefit from a loose structure and some sort…"

Melissa replied Mar 28 to Getting your day structured

10 Mar 31
Reply by pricytapestry

"Dennis, this isn't quite the same, but I am poly. My two living partners have been a…"

Melissa replied Feb 16 to I need stories of hope that show we can successfully find love again after loss- Please post how you found love again and how you are still doing as a new couple

10 May 2
Reply by DIVA70

"Soreeyes, I know it can be hard to break through all the ideas about what we are sup…"

Melissa replied Feb 16 to Emotions - How do you keep your emotions under control?

21 Apr 14
Reply by kln82

"It may help to remember that grief is not something you can get control of, because…"

Melissa replied Feb 16 to Emotions - How do you keep your emotions under control?

21 Apr 14
Reply by kln82

"I've run into a theory that talks about us having different parts of the soul/spirit…"

Melissa replied Jan 26 to Rebirth and connection

17 Jan 28
Reply by Maggiepie

"Dee, Wedding rings symbolize quite a lot- but at the core, they mean "I am married.…"

Melissa replied Jan 26 to Wedding Rings -- why wear them?

30 May 23
Reply by 05032019

"Oh yes, entirely normal. There's a grief theory that would probably make sense to a…"

Melissa replied Jan 15 to Talking to hubby in my head or aloud

63 May 19
Reply by Maggiepie

"I openly told many of the people close to me after Skip's death that "How are you?"…"

Melissa replied Jan 5 to Is it just me, or is "How are you?" a dumb question to ask a widow?

51 Jan 25
Reply by phyllis

"I was tired of it less than 24 hours in. What the heck am I supposed to say back? "U…"

Melissa replied Jan 5 to Condolences

6 Jan 13
Reply by MrsHill2015

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service