Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Melissa's Discussions (52)

Discussions Replied To (34) Replies Latest Activity

"Oh yes, entirely normal. There's a grief theory that would probably make sense to a…"

Melissa replied Jan 15 to Talking to hubby in my head or aloud

43 yesterday
Reply by SewCraftiMT

"I openly told many of the people close to me after Skip's death that "How are you?"…"

Melissa replied Jan 5 to Is it just me, or is "How are you?" a dumb question to ask a widow?

49 19 hours ago
Reply by Etchtech

"I was tired of it less than 24 hours in. What the heck am I supposed to say back? "U…"

Melissa replied Jan 5 to Condolences

6 Jan 13
Reply by MrsHill2015

"With as much gentleness and kindness to yourself as you can. My partner died this sp…"

Melissa replied Dec 12, 2019 to It's so much

4 Dec 15, 2019
Reply by Alma

"Thanks for the ideas! I'll poke around some and see what might suit my family, too."

Melissa replied Dec 3, 2019 to Safe Holiday Movies?

6 Dec 14, 2019
Reply by Rich

"I'm lucky in that several of the people I'm closest to know what's up with grief and…"

Melissa replied Dec 3, 2019 to Support we need vs get

11 Dec 5, 2019
Reply by Elizabeth

"I'm so glad. I'm lucky enough to have a dear friend who works with the dying, and sh…"

Melissa replied Nov 21, 2019 to Upcoming Holidays with kids

3 Nov 21, 2019
Reply by Melissa

"For myself, I'm making sure to spend time with other loved ones- family, and close f…"

Melissa replied Nov 20, 2019 to Upcoming Holidays with kids

3 Nov 21, 2019
Reply by Melissa

"I have taught myself how to put the string in on a weed wacker. Amazing how simple i…"

Melissa replied Nov 19, 2019 to Share your "I Am Spartacus!" moments

6 Nov 21, 2019
Reply by vintage56(barb)

"It's been hard, because she seems to want to spend more time with me now than before…"

Melissa replied Nov 19, 2019 to Support we need vs get

11 Dec 5, 2019
Reply by Elizabeth

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service