Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Melissa's Discussions (47)

Discussions Replied To (31) Replies Latest Activity

"With as much gentleness and kindness to yourself as you can. My partner died this sp…"

Melissa replied on Thursday to It's so much

4 5 hours ago
Reply by Alma

"Thanks for the ideas! I'll poke around some and see what might suit my family, too."

Melissa replied Dec 3 to Safe Holiday Movies?

6 17 hours ago
Reply by Rich

"I'm lucky in that several of the people I'm closest to know what's up with grief and…"

Melissa replied Dec 3 to Support we need vs get

11 Dec 5
Reply by Elizabeth

"I'm so glad. I'm lucky enough to have a dear friend who works with the dying, and sh…"

Melissa replied Nov 21 to Upcoming Holidays with kids

3 Nov 21
Reply by Melissa

"For myself, I'm making sure to spend time with other loved ones- family, and close f…"

Melissa replied Nov 20 to Upcoming Holidays with kids

3 Nov 21
Reply by Melissa

"I have taught myself how to put the string in on a weed wacker. Amazing how simple i…"

Melissa replied Nov 19 to Share your "I Am Spartacus!" moments

6 Nov 21
Reply by vintage56(barb)

"It's been hard, because she seems to want to spend more time with me now than before…"

Melissa replied Nov 19 to Support we need vs get

11 Dec 5
Reply by Elizabeth

"I've been keeping things short, but am worried about the holidays. I'm planning to s…"

Melissa replied Nov 19 to Support we need vs get

11 Dec 5
Reply by Elizabeth

"I'm going to a group right now, in week 2 of 4. It's art and creative focused, so we…"

Melissa replied Oct 30 to Group Grief Therapy- Good or bad?

40 Oct 30
Reply by Melissa

"Alma, is there anyone who knows this used to be a special day for the two of you, wh…"

Melissa replied Oct 24 to First special moment

2 Oct 24
Reply by Alma

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service