Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Hope's Discussions (136)

Discussions Replied To (115) Replies Latest Activity

"It has been 5 years plus for me. I kept several things in place for a long time, but…"

Hope replied Apr 29 to Is it normal to keep items around your house of theirs

66 May 1
Reply by norm

"You get to decide. If you look on them and they give you joy, keep em. If every time…"

Hope replied Mar 17 to Is it normal to keep items around your house of theirs

66 May 1
Reply by norm

"I have looked up old bfs after my husband's death. I really didn't want to start ove…"

Hope replied Mar 17 to Over the one year mark and went on a date..So confused

57 Mar 17
Reply by Hope

VOLUNTEER

"I wonder...could that have been sarcasm?   "

Hope replied Mar 17 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3343 Apr 29
Reply by YLG

VOLUNTEER

"I am sorry that someone was so callous and ignorant.  I am sure some small part of h…"

Hope replied Mar 17 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3343 Apr 29
Reply by YLG

VOLUNTEER

"I have answered this earlier, but here is an update: I have been widowed 4 1/2 years…"

Hope replied Aug 9, 2017 to When did you remove your wedding rings?

659 Apr 29
Reply by norm

"Hi Gary'swife: That dream sounds very stressful. I've had similar dreams, and they a…"

Hope replied Oct 22, 2016 to Dreams

28 Aug 8, 2017
Reply by Lindi

VOLUNTEER

"You are absolutely correct.  See reply to Callie 2 above.  Moods are a little raw on…"

Hope replied Aug 13, 2016 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3343 Apr 29
Reply by YLG

VOLUNTEER

"You're absolutely correct. The letter was written by an underling hired for this spe…"

Hope replied Aug 13, 2016 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3343 Apr 29
Reply by YLG

VOLUNTEER

"I just received a formal letter addressed to my husband from his former boss, tellin…"

Hope replied Aug 10, 2016 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3343 Apr 29
Reply by YLG

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service