Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

booktime (Susan)'s Discussions (327)

Discussions Started (5) Replies Latest Activity

New Year's Eve

For the first time since Ed died, I will be alone this New Year's Eve. This will be my 6th without him. Many years I was with my mother but…

Started by booktime (Susan)

14 Dec 31, 2019
Reply by Susan

Beyond upset

Coming here because I know you all will understand. I decided to join AARP this morning (I'm 64) and it seemed like a good idea. I did it o…

8 Jul 28, 2018
Reply by SweetMelissa2007

Feeling really alone for the first time

My mother passed away in March and now I am realizing how connected I was to her. I called her almost every night, was with every third wee…

10 Jul 20, 2017
Reply by booktime (Susan)

First "vacation"

Today begins a week of vacation for me. I'm going to be with my mother because her regular caregiver is on vacation and my siblings and I a…

4 Apr 13, 2014
Reply by booktime (Susan)

How did you meet your husband/wife?

This may have been covered before. I met Ed through a personal ad, way before internet. It was an honest to goodness ad in the paper. I was…

11 Feb 11, 2014
Reply by WhereNow?

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service