Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

NMWidower's Discussions (155)

Discussions Replied To (134) Replies Latest Activity

"I think that is one of the hardest parts. I found I quickly realized I had to let so…"

NMWidower replied Dec 8, 2015 to Encouragement for those walking in the early months of grief

96 Jan 18, 2016
Reply by SweetMelissa

"Such a spot on reply chef. I wholeheartedly concur with your suggestions and comment…"

NMWidower replied Dec 8, 2015 to Encouragement for those walking in the early months of grief

96 Jan 18, 2016
Reply by SweetMelissa

"Doug, I tell you the first three to six months for me were quite challenging. So ma…"

NMWidower replied May 29, 2014 to Encouragement for those walking in the early months of grief

96 Jan 18, 2016
Reply by SweetMelissa

"Yea, I'm not here as much anymore, but I do try to read the email updates. Doug,  L…"

NMWidower replied May 29, 2014 to Encouragement for those walking in the early months of grief

96 Jan 18, 2016
Reply by SweetMelissa

VOLUNTEER

"mrmsb,  that was about the time it really hit me as well.  Watch your heart and thin…"

NMWidower replied Mar 20, 2012 to Does new love "fix" anything?

139 Aug 6, 2014
Reply by Mac

"This is very normal.  If you have a visual memory (boy I sure do) visual cues are on…"

NMWidower replied Feb 8, 2012 to Putting away pictures

26 Aug 2, 2012
Reply by Susan B

"I liked eHarmony.  See if you can find a first time coupon though it is a pay site a…"

NMWidower replied Dec 12, 2011 to How do you start dating?

21 Jul 12, 2014
Reply by txgrneyes

"Rachel,  I was so the same way.  I think I gained about 20 lbs in my first year.  Th…"

NMWidower replied Dec 10, 2011 to Widda Weight Wishes

209 Feb 11, 2013
Reply by MyNewLife

VOLUNTEER

"I agree about Autopay. I have everything setup that way and it helps immensely.  One…"

NMWidower replied Dec 10, 2011 to Widow Brain: have you done anything DUMB or unusual?

157 Apr 28, 2016
Reply by widow85

"That is neat you have wonderful memories like this.  I love that intimacy that devel…"

NMWidower replied Dec 10, 2011 to Share one small but very special, unique trait or memory about your late spouse. Something to make you and the rest of us smile.

121 Sep 21, 2012
Reply by Jerry

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service