Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Talisker (Steve)'s Discussions (32)

Discussions Replied To (29) Replies Latest Activity

"We were married 30 years, had no children, and my wife's parents were gone.  They ha…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Sep 21, 2015 to Spreading the ashes

25 Dec 17, 2015
Reply by Faolan

"I lived in my condo for 28 years. When I retired I moved to a small rural town in th…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Aug 29, 2015 to Share your relocation story!

105 Jun 2, 2016
Reply by Soaring Spirits

VOLUNTEER

"I have been blessed. I was very active in another grief recovery website after my wi…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Jun 22, 2015 to Dating and love

609 Aug 13, 2016
Reply by Doug02122014

"I was very lucky. About a year after my wife died, I finally met face to face a wido…"

Talisker (Steve) replied May 17, 2015 to Not getting stuck with a "bad kissing frog"

48 Mar 26, 2016
Reply by Mary H

"A few months after my wife died, I just had to "get out of Dodge". I took a tour cal…"

Talisker (Steve) replied May 17, 2015 to Advice on Vacations in the First Year?

22 May 28, 2015
Reply by Dianne in Nevada

"We sold our single family home with a pool and moved into a townhome. We never regre…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Apr 23, 2015 to Downsizing: What Do You Think?

5 Apr 26, 2015
Reply by Phyllis

"My wife's clothes went to a battered women's shelter. The Swarovski crystal animals…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Feb 23, 2015 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

591 Mar 8
Reply by barbee

"Dear Joe's wife, I lost my wife in 2005 to cancer. 12 years earlier she had an aneur…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Jan 3, 2015 to Please Tell Me That There Is Life After Grief

13 Feb 10, 2015
Reply by ricepop

"Abba – Knowing Me Knowing You Lyrics No more carefree laughterSilence ever afterWalk…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Dec 12, 2014 to What song or line(s) from a song relate to how you feel? And how/why?

135 Sep 12, 2017
Reply by HelensRay

"Well, after my wife died, I had to "get out of Dodge", so I traveled. Over the cours…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Oct 29, 2014 to Moving forward with new activities and new friends after death

9 Dec 29, 2014
Reply by booktime (Susan)

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service