Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Talisker (Steve)'s Discussions (32)

Discussions Replied To (29) Replies Latest Activity

VOLUNTEER

"I was very active in another grief chat room some years ago. There was a widow in th…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Aug 13, 2014 to Dating and love

609 Aug 13, 2016
Reply by Doug02122014

VOLUNTEER

"I met my new love through a quirk of fate. Someone on a brain injury chat room told…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Jul 2, 2014 to Does new love "fix" anything?

139 Aug 6, 2014
Reply by Mac

VOLUNTEER

"I picked up Sally’s ashes on Friday the 10th, and kept them at home until the12th. O…"

Talisker (Steve) replied May 11, 2014 to What was the memorial service or funeral like?

47 May 17, 2014
Reply by Lupe's husband

VOLUNTEER

"I was very active in another on line grief recovery group. There was one widow who s…"

Talisker (Steve) replied May 9, 2014 to For those who have dated... how did you know when you were ready?

486 May 4, 2016
Reply by Slick

"I donated my wife's clothes to a battered women's shelter. I donated her car to a re…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Apr 3, 2014 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

591 Mar 8
Reply by barbee

"I was 67 when my wife of 30 years died. I had to decide whether to sit in a corner a…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Jan 14, 2014 to How old were you when your spouse died? How does your age affect your self-concept now that you're on your own?

748 Jan 2
Reply by DIVA70

"Dear Sue, I was in the same boat! I was very fortunate to find a lady who had also b…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Nov 25, 2013 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

896 Jul 2
Reply by only1sue

"As Ben Franklin once said, to know the true character of a person, inherit with them…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Aug 3, 2013 to Ungrateful Adult Daughter!!

8 Aug 7, 2013
Reply by Linda

"After my wife died, I was alone in an 1800 sq foot condo. Some time later I met a la…"

Talisker (Steve) replied Jul 28, 2013 to Staying in the marital home or moving elsewhere?

207 Jun 10
Reply by Nana Of 3 BeBes

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service