Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Mary H's Discussions (201)

Discussions Replied To (101) Replies Latest Activity

VOLUNTEER

"Don't forget my personal favorite (that I got again just today), which is some varia…"

Mary H replied Feb 18 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3424 Sep 15
Reply by Peach

"I haven't been dating yet, but I've noticed that there is a bigger difference than j…"

Mary H replied Feb 11 to Over the one year mark and went on a date..So confused

57 Mar 17
Reply by Hope

VOLUNTEER

"People are almost always coming from their own perspective.  As a woman I found that…"

Mary H replied Jan 14 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3424 Sep 15
Reply by Peach

VOLUNTEER

"Today a one time friend of mine emailed me to say that this day, the anniversary of…"

Mary H replied Jan 8 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3424 Sep 15
Reply by Peach

"NoLongerinBergenJC, I have seen you questioning yourself a little the last couple of…"

Mary H replied Apr 14, 2017 to How old were you when your spouse died? How does your age affect your self-concept now that you're on your own?

728 Oct 15
Reply by SageInTheGarden

"One of my 12 year old daughter's best friends' mom is dying of fairly quick brain ca…"

Mary H replied Apr 1, 2017 to Paying it forward -- does it help you?

9 Apr 22, 2017
Reply by WV12345

"Thanks SweetMelissa, I find that too, that I am becoming more and more true to mysel…"

Mary H replied Mar 25, 2017 to Faking it to Make it Didn't Work

8 Mar 26, 2017
Reply by SweetMelissa2007

"Thank you Widow85, Callie2 and Lupe's Husband, your replies helped me start to breat…"

Mary H replied Mar 23, 2017 to Faking it to Make it Didn't Work

8 Mar 26, 2017
Reply by SweetMelissa2007

"I found a really good book that may be of interest to those of you who, like me, str…"

Mary H replied Mar 13, 2017 to Is it easier to decide not to move on?

48 Mar 14, 2017
Reply by Lupe's husband

"Thank you for speaking up Cheri, I watched my father, widowed at 63 do the same thin…"

Mary H replied Mar 11, 2017 to Is it easier to decide not to move on?

48 Mar 14, 2017
Reply by Lupe's husband

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service