Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Prairie Gal's Discussions (16)

Discussions Replied To (15) Replies Latest Activity

"Kaye, my heart goes out to you. Your grief is so new and raw. There is no timeline f…"

Prairie Gal replied Jan 31, 2016 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

586 Jul 19
Reply by vintage56(barb)

"I gave things away in stages, starting with the things he didn't wear much. The hard…"

Prairie Gal replied Feb 8, 2015 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

586 Jul 19
Reply by vintage56(barb)

VOLUNTEER

"Co-worker today: Whatcha  doing this weekend? Me: Nothing much just the usual, might…"

Prairie Gal replied Oct 4, 2013 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3424 Sep 15, 2018
Reply by Peach

"Ellimae, how fortunate that the first people who saw the house bought it. The though…"

Prairie Gal replied Sep 1, 2013 to Staying in the marital home or moving elsewhere?

201 Nov 27
Reply by Freebird

"Chillywinter, my heart goes out to you. My husband died 9 months ago today, and at t…"

Prairie Gal replied Sep 1, 2013 to How did I get here?

13 Sep 1, 2013
Reply by my roses

"I understand Sanmora, I am sentimental too. We just have to do the best we can. Keep…"

Prairie Gal replied Aug 5, 2013 to Staying in the marital home or moving elsewhere?

201 Nov 27
Reply by Freebird

"It's been 7 months for me and I have given away a few things, but most of it is stil…"

Prairie Gal replied Jul 3, 2013 to Is this crazy

60 Jul 22, 2013
Reply by Morgana (Janet)

"Thanks for sharing Arnie. I lost my Mom and my husband within 9 months of each other…"

Prairie Gal replied Jul 3, 2013 to My whole story finally written for now

14 May 15, 2014
Reply by Gaining Strength

"I am considering moving, but it would be to downsize for financial reasons. I was ab…"

Prairie Gal replied Jul 3, 2013 to Staying in the marital home or moving elsewhere?

201 Nov 27
Reply by Freebird

"Wow! You are so adventuresome, Janet! Good for you! I just gave our camper trailer t…"

Prairie Gal replied Jul 3, 2013 to Staying in the marital home or moving elsewhere?

201 Nov 27
Reply by Freebird

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service