Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Athena53's Discussions (189)

Discussions Replied To (155) Replies Latest Activity

"We're all different but I don't think anyone would have been able to give away/throw…"

Athena53 replied on Friday to Is it normal to keep items around your house of theirs

22 14 hours ago
Reply by laurajay

VOLUNTEER

"Met in 1996, married 2003.  This was taken in 2002, when we both had brown hair! …"

Athena53 replied Dec 2 to Let's Get Acquainted

28 yesterday
Reply by Dianne in Nevada

"I know exactly what you mean, Sue- it's called "people-pleasing" and it's one of my…"

Athena53 replied Dec 2 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

506 on Sunday
Reply by only1sue

"Slick, you HAVE to walk away.  You don't deserve to be treated like this.  If you as…"

Athena53 replied Nov 30 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

506 on Sunday
Reply by only1sue

"I'm doing pretty well but now that winter is coming in I really feel alone at night.…"

Athena53 replied Nov 23 to Is morning or night worst for you? How do you get through it?

28 Dec 1
Reply by Susan

"Susan, getting rid of the wine is easy- I like wine! I'm a bit lax about "expired" f…"

Athena53 replied Nov 20 to Cleaning out the pantry = major tears!

28 Nov 20
Reply by Athena53

"I guess there's something especially difficult about food- we all have some sort of…"

Athena53 replied Nov 20 to Cleaning out the pantry = major tears!

28 Nov 20
Reply by Athena53

VOLUNTEER

"My dear husband Ron died a year ago today.  I'm so grateful it was peacefully and at…"

Athena53 replied Nov 15 to NOVEMBER Anniversaries, Birthdays and Other Special Days

9 Dec 2
Reply by Lupe's husband

"Ron and I were/are both avid travelers so yes, Ron knew it would be good for me.  I'…"

Athena53 replied Nov 7 to So many different identities....

19 Dec 6
Reply by Susan

"I know what you mean, Susan.  I've been over and over it and I guess it's the way I'…"

Athena53 replied Nov 7 to So many different identities....

19 Dec 6
Reply by Susan

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service