Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Athena53's Discussions (108)

Discussions Replied To (89) Replies Latest Activity

"I find that I'm a lot more anxious about my health and that of loved ones.  I freake…"

Athena53 replied 11 hours ago to What's scaring you these days?

13 9 hours ago
Reply by widow85

"Interesting observation on changing things- I've been doing a little of that, too, a…"

Athena53 replied 11 hours ago to To sell our home or make it work?

8 11 hours ago
Reply by Athena53

"DH and I moved into the home where I now live 2 years ago.  I was 62 and he was 77 w…"

Athena53 replied on Saturday to To sell our home or make it work?

8 11 hours ago
Reply by Athena53

"I had another thought on why relationships change after one half of a couple dies. …"

Athena53 replied Apr 12 to Need some advice please?

23 on Wednesday
Reply by happylilycat

"Steve- thanks for this long, eloquent story about how relationships change after th…"

Athena53 replied Apr 11 to Need some advice please?

23 on Wednesday
Reply by happylilycat

"Well, I think some of the widows here could say the same thing about not wanting to…"

Athena53 replied Apr 7 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

398 Apr 7
Reply by only1sue

"Were they aware that it was Mark's birthday?  They may have forgotten.  Also- you me…"

Athena53 replied Mar 30 to Need some advice please?

23 on Wednesday
Reply by happylilycat

"From C.S. Lewis' "A Grief Observed":  "One flesh.  Or, if your prefer, one ship.  Th…"

Athena53 replied Mar 19 to How old were you when your spouse died? How does your age affect your self-concept now that you're on your own?

644 yesterday
Reply by Sissy

"Interesting coincidence- I just picked up DH's well-worn copy of this book a couple…"

Athena53 replied Mar 18 to the brain on grief

25 Apr 11
Reply by WithoutJim

VOLUNTEER

"This is one of the things I love about this group-  I see so many things people post…"

Athena53 replied Mar 15 to Introduce yourselves, please!

4257 5 hours ago
Reply by Averysmom

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service