Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Athena53's Discussions (314)

Discussions Replied To (252) Replies Latest Activity

"I'm also wary of stepping into the caregiver role, but I don't think you need to sig…"

Athena53 replied Aug 9 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

737 Aug 9
Reply by Callie2

"Not wanting to give up (or cut back on) drinking would be a dealbreaker.  My Ex was…"

Athena53 replied Aug 9 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

737 Aug 9
Reply by Callie2

VOLUNTEER

"Welcome, AngieK, and I'm sorry you had to join us.  Although I had a very happy marr…"

Athena53 replied Aug 8 to Introduce yourselves, please!

4897 Aug 10
Reply by Tess

"Thanks!  I've found profiles of a few guys I actually know on Match.com- unfortunate…"

Athena53 replied Aug 6 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

737 Aug 9
Reply by Callie2

"jas, if you feel comfortable volunteering- which site did you use?  I'm on Match.com…"

Athena53 replied Aug 6 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

737 Aug 9
Reply by Callie2

"An update on the container for Ron's ashes- Dad told me that my brother is making th…"

Athena53 replied Aug 6 to Keeping your Loved One's Ashes

15 Aug 6
Reply by julep67

"I agree with that, Sue- his family needs to take responsibility.  If you start anyth…"

737 Aug 9
Reply by Callie2

"A PS since it's too late to edit- I was doing searches on the Internet for wooden bo…"

Athena53 replied Aug 1 to Keeping your Loved One's Ashes

15 Aug 6
Reply by julep67

"Norm, my parents are also Roman Catholic and bought columbarium niches at their chur…"

Athena53 replied Aug 1 to Keeping your Loved One's Ashes

15 Aug 6
Reply by julep67

VOLUNTEER

"I'm 65, Peach, and I'm on Match.com! I laughed out loud at Bergen's description of t…"

Athena53 replied Jul 29 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3383 6 hours ago
Reply by Sad One

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service