Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Athena53's Discussions (238)

Discussions Replied To (190) Replies Latest Activity

"myranndah, thanks for this.  My situation is a bit different than yours because I'm…"

Athena53 replied yesterday to How old were you when your spouse died? How does your age affect your self-concept now that you're on your own?

708 11 hours ago
Reply by MartyG

VOLUNTEER

"The fact that it was a Victorian tradition to leave your wedding band on till the mo…"

Athena53 replied Feb 17 to When did you remove your wedding rings?

632 on Thursday
Reply by jacqrach19

"Wow-  what a wonderful man.  I hope someday I can be that comforting to someone who…"

Athena53 replied Feb 14 to How was your valentine's day like no other? Here's mine.

15 Feb 16
Reply by Rainy (Misty)

"When my Grandma died, my Grandpa remarried less than two years later. While it seeme…"

Athena53 replied Feb 13 to For those who do not want to date ...

507 Feb 14
Reply by Lupe's husband

"Thanks- that's NOT my definition of Superwoman!  More like a princess.  I'm a faint…"

Athena53 replied Feb 13 to For those who do not want to date ...

507 Feb 14
Reply by Lupe's husband

"So... what are the code words?  Inquiring minds want to know!  I think I put "financ…"

Athena53 replied Feb 12 to For those who do not want to date ...

507 Feb 14
Reply by Lupe's husband

"I wasn't hit quite that hard, but last December I checked into a edgy hotel (The Gr…"

Athena53 replied Feb 11 to Unexpected "Grief Triggers"

21 Feb 11
Reply by Diamond Sky

"I know, Bergen- Ron and I met in a theology class, not some dating Web site or throu…"

Athena53 replied Feb 9 to For those who do not want to date ...

507 Feb 14
Reply by Lupe's husband

"I've heard two good stories about e-Harmony from credible sources- the son of a frie…"

507 Feb 14
Reply by Lupe's husband

"Fortunately I never signed up for a paid membership.  I couldn't figure out how to e…"

507 Feb 14
Reply by Lupe's husband

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service