Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Athena53's Discussions (119)

Discussions Replied To (97) Replies Latest Activity

"It made me cry, too.  I do feel bad that increasing time since DH's death will cause…"

Athena53 replied on Saturday to NY Times piece today

5 on Sunday
Reply by Rockon

"I haven't had anything other than appearances in a dream, and then only a couple of…"

Athena53 replied on Friday to Have you experienced any "God Winks" (i.e., messages) from your late spouse?

113 6 hours ago
Reply by Steve

"Yes, it's weird being a Party of One!  What always hits me between the eyes is when…"

Athena53 replied on Thursday to Party of One

1 on Thursday
Reply by Athena53

VOLUNTEER

""Appalled" is an interesting choice of word!  I'd say I felt surprised and still fee…"

Athena53 replied on Wednesday to Introduce yourselves, please!

4332 12 hours ago
Reply by DaninKansasCity

"That doesn't sound good- did you stay hydrated?  Did you eat occasionally?  The ride…"

Athena53 replied May 16 to I Had Another " First " Today.

20 on Wednesday
Reply by Lupe's husband

"A different "first" without DH.  I haven't been able to get my bike (which he gave m…"

Athena53 replied May 14 to I Had Another " First " Today.

20 on Wednesday
Reply by Lupe's husband

"A person after my own heart!  DH and I had wonderful travels together. I just got ba…"

Athena53 replied May 7 to Is It So Wrong

6 May 7
Reply by Athena53

"Yeah, I feel the same way.  DH ad I were always there for each other when we needed…"

Athena53 replied May 4 to I Had Another " First " Today.

20 on Wednesday
Reply by Lupe's husband

"I find that I'm a lot more anxious about my health and that of loved ones.  I freake…"

Athena53 replied Apr 24 to What's scaring you these days?

30 1 hour ago
Reply by Lupe's husband

"Interesting observation on changing things- I've been doing a little of that, too, a…"

Athena53 replied Apr 24 to To sell our home or make it work?

8 Apr 24
Reply by Athena53

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service