Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Athena53's Discussions (177)

Discussions Replied To (144) Replies Latest Activity

"I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it at 72- I'm 64 and just jumped back into it after…"

Athena53 replied on Tuesday to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

472 on Tuesday
Reply by Athena53

"My husband died last November 15.  I had multiple Thanksgiving invites, and spent it…"

Athena53 replied Oct 9 to Plans for the holidays

6 on Tuesday
Reply by vintage56(barb)

"I never was a flirt.  I was a geek and in many ways I still am.  I had a friend in c…"

Athena53 replied Oct 5 to Can Flirting Be Taught? It's Been So Long...

17 Oct 6
Reply by Lupe's husband

"I don't think of myself primarily as a widow- I don't like the word, either.  I keep…"

Athena53 replied Sep 29 to Defining yourself as a widow

65 Oct 4
Reply by Susan

"I'm neither an attorney nor in your state (state laws vary) but here are a few thoug…"

Athena53 replied Sep 29 to What to do?

7 Oct 9
Reply by Orb101214

"A favorite speech theme of the professional speaker wannabes I encounter in Toastmas…"

Athena53 replied Sep 20 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

472 on Tuesday
Reply by Athena53

"I agree- I'd love to have another good man in my life but I need time to figure out…"

Athena53 replied Sep 13 to Group Grief Therapy- Good or bad?

33 Sep 27
Reply by Bonaroo

"I can understand that - frankly, I miss the unrestrained hugs when you're in an inti…"

Athena53 replied Sep 12 to Group Grief Therapy- Good or bad?

33 Sep 27
Reply by Bonaroo

"I'd say these guys aren't looking for a companion- they're looking for a cook/housek…"

Athena53 replied Sep 12 to Group Grief Therapy- Good or bad?

33 Sep 27
Reply by Bonaroo

"I found that strange, too-  I thought even the most orthodox of religions agreed tha…"

Athena53 replied Sep 10 to Afraid Of Older Son's Reaction To Mom

12 Sep 10
Reply by SweetMelissa2007

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service