Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Athena53's Discussions (135)

Discussions Replied To (111) Replies Latest Activity

"Absolutely not!  Look what we lost.  Our loved one is irreplaceable but at least to…"

Athena53 replied on Wednesday to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

409 6 hours ago
Reply by booktime (Susan)

"I'd definitely do it again- we were together for almost 20 wonderful years, married…"

Athena53 replied Jun 18 to Would you do it again?

18 on Sunday
Reply by MenuFalls

"In-ground burials are darned expensive and if I needed any more proof a lot of peopl…"

Athena53 replied Jun 6 to Do you ever get annoyed at the price of funerals?

43 Jun 12
Reply by widow85

"What an ordeal with the funeral home!  They really shouldn't be in a business where…"

Athena53 replied Jun 6 to Do you ever get annoyed at the price of funerals?

43 Jun 12
Reply by widow85

"Too late to edit- sorry for typos.  I'm 64, not 46! "

Athena53 replied Jun 4 to Anxiety / Panic attacks

20 yesterday
Reply by Disconnected

"While I never had panic attacks, now that I think of it I was especially vulnerable…"

Athena53 replied Jun 4 to Anxiety / Panic attacks

20 yesterday
Reply by Disconnected

"I'm scattering some of Ron's ashes in various places- started with the lake behind o…"

Athena53 replied Jun 3 to Do you ever get annoyed at the price of funerals?

43 Jun 12
Reply by widow85

"Anything is normal at this point!  DH, who was the sanest person I know, began to ha…"

Athena53 replied Jun 2 to Anxiety / Panic attacks

20 yesterday
Reply by Disconnected

"I'm eating a lot less meat and experimenting with different starches such as quinoa,…"

Athena53 replied Jun 2 to Recipes For One

22 Jun 15
Reply by Susan

"I'm in KC also and the costs of Ron's funeral were pretty modest.  We knew he was dy…"

Athena53 replied Jun 1 to Do you ever get annoyed at the price of funerals?

43 Jun 12
Reply by widow85

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service