Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

laurajay's Discussions (220)

Discussions Replied To (191) Replies Latest Activity

"Alcohol  is a depressant  and drinking  to  the  zonked  out  state  is  not  a heal…"

laurajay replied Jul 2 to Nights

10 on Saturday
Reply by Robin_SJ

"No  way  I would  wish  to  post  something that  might  make  anyone  feel  worse …"

laurajay replied Jun 30 to DEPRESSED

12 Jul 7
Reply by LandL (Linda)

"What  ever  problems  you have in addition  to  your losses  talk  it  over  with  y…"

laurajay replied Jun 25 to Lost My Puppy Too

1 Jun 25
Reply by laurajay

"Alma.  You  already  know  everyone  has a different  timetable  for  dealing  with …"

laurajay replied Jun 11 to One year mark is quickly approaching

4 Jun 13
Reply by Alma

VOLUNTEER

"Phyllis.  100%  I agree  it  does  not  get  easier.  Married  one  time  to  one  m…"

laurajay replied May 27 to Introduce yourselves, please!

5246 Jul 6
Reply by DaphneCat2

"I  have  a  lovely  windchime  and  I  will  hang  it  up  on  the  28th  for  you …"

laurajay replied May 26 to What to say, when well meaning friends tell you to "get over it"?

16 Jun 26
Reply by Really?

"Dee.  The  oldest, dearest  most  compassionate  friends  still  can  never  ever un…"

laurajay replied May 25 to What to say, when well meaning friends tell you to "get over it"?

16 Jun 26
Reply by Really?

"Alma...TIME  and  PATIENCE.   At  8yr +  the longing  does  not  end.  Some  go  for…"

laurajay replied May 21 to The physical comfort

5 May 22
Reply by Estragon

VOLUNTEER

"Even  the  raw,  fresh  pain  of  grief  cannot  cancel  the  truth  that  you  are …"

laurajay replied May 21 to Introduce yourselves, please!

5246 Jul 6
Reply by DaphneCat2

VOLUNTEER

"Yes.  Everybody  dies.  Sudden  unexpected  death is very  difficult  to  understand…"

laurajay replied May 21 to Introduce yourselves, please!

5246 Jul 6
Reply by DaphneCat2

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service