Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Mariposa's Discussions (81)

Discussions Replied To (60) Replies Latest Activity

"I was a caregiver for my husband and that is a thought that creeps into my mind anyt…"

Mariposa replied Feb 2, 2015 to For those who do not want to date ...

507 on Wednesday
Reply by Lupe's husband

"I don't feel single either and it has been three years. I don't wear my wedding band…"

Mariposa replied Feb 2, 2015 to Still feeling married after death of your spouse?

158 Feb 5, 2015
Reply by Lost BJ

"OMG- whoever spoke with you was a total idiot for asking that question. So sorry for…"

Mariposa replied Aug 10, 2014 to What is the reason for the end of your marriage?

13 Jan 6, 2015
Reply by country woman

"BlueHaze- I have PTSD and I have been going to acupuncture, but I am being referred…"

Mariposa replied Jun 4, 2014 to THE COMBINATION OF EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL PAIN

14 Jan 1, 2015
Reply by Slick

"Hornet- I totally empathize and understand, but I would prefer to say "widowed" rath…"

Mariposa replied May 7, 2014 to WIDOW - Do you use that word in public?

15 May 10, 2014
Reply by KayRo

VOLUNTEER

"Flannery- truth is stranger than fiction. That is unbelievable.  What happened to me…"

Mariposa replied May 2, 2014 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3296 Jan 14
Reply by Mary H

"Stronger- Thanks for sharing as it is so nice to know that you had those meaningful…"

Mariposa replied Jan 2, 2014 to How Am I Supposed to LIVE Without YOU?

5 Jan 2, 2014
Reply by Mariposa

"Rainsong- I wish my husband would have said more to me in the brief 9 month battle h…"

Mariposa replied Jan 1, 2014 to How Am I Supposed to LIVE Without YOU?

5 Jan 2, 2014
Reply by Mariposa

"CoolMom!- Thanks for the insightful reply and encouragement.  I know it would really…"

Mariposa replied Sep 4, 2013 to I AM BEREFT

3 Sep 4, 2013
Reply by Mariposa

"SWFLGRL- so glad you posed this question because I have been pondering this myself.…"

Mariposa replied Sep 4, 2013 to What does 'MOVING FORWARD' mean to you?

5 Sep 6, 2013
Reply by CoolMom! (Lynne)

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service