Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

NoLongerInBergenJC's Discussions (747)

Discussions Replied To (687) Replies Latest Activity

"The lunch out with widow friends sounds like a lot more fun than the "date" does.  (…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Nov 19 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

795 on Tuesday
Reply by only1sue

"It is entirely possible.  I developed terrible heartburn and reflux after my husband…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Nov 12 to I had an interesting conversation with my doctor today so I thought I'd share it with you all.

29 Nov 12
Reply by J in Florida

"Hi, Maggie....Like you, I have moved, have some new good friends, great weather, mil…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Nov 10 to OK, I have to ask this....(true confession time)

70 Nov 28
Reply by Hopesmom

"That's a really good question.  When you're young, someone asks you out and it's a d…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Nov 7 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

795 on Tuesday
Reply by only1sue

"When you say "difficulties with the family", what does that mean?  Is Simon married?…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Nov 1 to I’m so hurt

4 Nov 1
Reply by NoLongerInBergenJC

"Oh absolutely.  When Steve first died I had intense pain right above my breastbone. …"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Nov 1 to I had an interesting conversation with my doctor today so I thought I'd share it with you all.

29 Nov 12
Reply by J in Florida

"What I meant was that looking for someone to "fill the hole" of loneliness is not th…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Oct 11 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

795 on Tuesday
Reply by only1sue

"I don't know if dating is the best way to combat loneliness.  I remember enough abou…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Oct 9 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

795 on Tuesday
Reply by only1sue

"I am right now in Negril, Jamaica where today, on the fifth anniversary of his death…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Oct 5 to Keeping your Loved One's Ashes

24 Oct 5
Reply by NoLongerInBergenJC

VOLUNTEER

"I don't know why people think it's a contest.  You know, my husband was often very d…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Sep 11 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3424 Sep 15
Reply by Peach

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service