Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

NoLongerInBergenJC's Discussions (757)

Discussions Replied To (695) Replies Latest Activity

"My NJ house now is taxed at $8200/year, which is low for Bergen County, but it was a…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Feb 15 to Staying in the marital home or moving elsewhere?

179 Feb 26
Reply by Heidi57

"I'm one of those who moved, though I waited two years to do it because I still had t…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Feb 15 to Staying in the marital home or moving elsewhere?

179 Feb 26
Reply by Heidi57

"Thank you for this post.  I needed it today.  I'm sorry you had to endure this too. …"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Feb 13 to OK, I have to ask this....(true confession time)

73 Feb 13
Reply by TheEDCZone

"Actually, I hated the ending of Dexter.  I had to make the decision to have my husba…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Feb 3 to Do you ever dream that they come back? What would your life look like if they did?

8 Feb 26
Reply by only1sue

"What I can never figure out is what my husband would be like upon his return.  Would…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Feb 2 to Do you ever dream that they come back? What would your life look like if they did?

8 Feb 26
Reply by only1sue

"We were talking about online friends that we've never met.  I mentioned one online f…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 27 to Off-topic: When a friend "ghosts" you

7 Jan 27
Reply by only1sue

"@Callie2:  This friend has never once been shy about being critical of me, so that s…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 27 to Off-topic: When a friend "ghosts" you

7 Jan 27
Reply by only1sue

"There's no rhyme or reason to what we keep.  I have a journal that Steve kept long b…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 9 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

566 Mar 9
Reply by Cee

"The lunch out with widow friends sounds like a lot more fun than the "date" does.  (…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Nov 19, 2018 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

814 7 hours ago
Reply by laurajay

"It is entirely possible.  I developed terrible heartburn and reflux after my husband…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Nov 12, 2018 to I had an interesting conversation with my doctor today so I thought I'd share it with you all.

29 Nov 12, 2018
Reply by J in Florida

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service