Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

NoLongerInBergenJC's Discussions (798)

Discussions Replied To (726) Replies Latest Activity

"Jumping into a new relationship before you have your head on straight is a dandy way…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jul 24 to The obsession of starting a new relationship

52 Sep 3
Reply by Mary

VOLUNTEER

"Estragon...I'm sorry you have to be here.  Life is so unfair sometime. My husband ha…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Apr 19 to Introduce yourselves, please!

5308 Sep 15
Reply by Estragon

"My advice is "Mind your own beeswax."  It's her decision what to do. You can't filte…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Mar 8 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

591 Mar 8
Reply by barbee

"I have a friend who is in a similar boat as you.  She is a few years older; she's 85…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Feb 12 to Staying in the marital home or moving elsewhere?

207 Jun 10
Reply by Nana Of 3 BeBes

"This is good advice.  People mean well but don't know what to say.  Accept in the sp…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 6 to Is it just me, or is "How are you?" a dumb question to ask a widow?

51 Jan 25
Reply by phyllis

"My stock answer was "...compared to what, exactly?"  People didn't care for that ans…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 3 to Is it just me, or is "How are you?" a dumb question to ask a widow?

51 Jan 25
Reply by phyllis

"When my husband died I just wanted "him" home.  Having his ashes in the house was a…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 3 to Urn display

7 Jan 5
Reply by Etchtech

"@JsBunny:  I'm sorry that you have to be here.  50 is too young to go, and too  youn…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 1 to How old were you when your spouse died? How does your age affect your self-concept now that you're on your own?

748 Jan 2
Reply by DIVA70

"@Dee:  I have found that the best way to get through Valentine's Day is to get mysel…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Dec 27, 2019 to Happy (bah hum bug) Holidays!

27 Jan 4
Reply by Dee1960

"@Lisa_says:  I know it doesn't feel like it now, but it does get better from here on…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Dec 23, 2019 to Happy (bah hum bug) Holidays!

27 Jan 4
Reply by Dee1960

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service