Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

NoLongerInBergenJC's Discussions (747)

Discussions Replied To (687) Replies Latest Activity

VOLUNTEER

"They don't know, they can't know, and we can't expect them to know.  "Get over it" a…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Sep 11 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3424 Sep 15
Reply by Peach

"Mac, I could have written your post (other than the "easy to meet women and to date"…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Sep 8 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

792 2 hours ago
Reply by only1sue

"It does seem that most people who end up with someone else in the older age group, e…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Aug 29 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

792 2 hours ago
Reply by only1sue

VOLUNTEER

"It doesn't attract predators if you set your privacy settings to "friends only."  My…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Aug 18 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3424 Sep 15
Reply by Peach

"Great post with much wisdom, and reflects much of what I've heard about dating sites…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Aug 6 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

792 2 hours ago
Reply by only1sue

VOLUNTEER

"Well, that's what's different with online dating, right?  If you meet someone in rea…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jul 31 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3424 Sep 15
Reply by Peach

VOLUNTEER

"My experiences with men since my husband's death have consisted of:  1) The leader o…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jul 30 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3424 Sep 15
Reply by Peach

VOLUNTEER

"It's nothing that's "official".  Some people have had their ring and their spouse's…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jul 30 to When did you remove your wedding rings?

672 Sep 11
Reply by Maria

VOLUNTEER

"=Raises hand=  Also a member of the beloved-pet-after-the-spouse club.  I had to put…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jul 30 to Introduce yourselves, please!

4953 Oct 3
Reply by Athena53

VOLUNTEER

"Folks, we have a winner.  Soulmate, that is by far the worst thing that I have ever…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jul 30 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3424 Sep 15
Reply by Peach

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service