Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

NoLongerInBergenJC's Discussions (714)

Discussions Replied To (664) Replies Latest Activity

"Unfortunately, there was no leaving it as is.  It was missing one of the pulls and w…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Apr 22 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

556 Apr 22
Reply by NoLongerInBergenJC

VOLUNTEER

"Naya, this is perfectly normal.  It's called "widow brain" or "widower brain", if yo…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Apr 2 to Introduce yourselves, please!

4801 May 16
Reply by Lupe's husband

VOLUNTEER

"I have what I call a "widow ring".  It is a black diamond surrounded by tiny white o…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Mar 25 to When did you remove your wedding rings?

659 Apr 29
Reply by norm

VOLUNTEER

"Unfortunately, and I'm sure this isn't news to you, people say dumb, thoughtless, an…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Mar 12 to Introduce yourselves, please!

4801 May 16
Reply by Lupe's husband

VOLUNTEER

"Hello, EllenJ.  I am sorry you have to be here, but welcome.  That you are finding i…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Mar 12 to Introduce yourselves, please!

4801 May 16
Reply by Lupe's husband

VOLUNTEER

"I think it's important for us to bring our "stories of regret" public.  When I first…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Mar 10 to Introduce yourselves, please!

4801 May 16
Reply by Lupe's husband

VOLUNTEER

"I love that.  If my husband had actually worn his band (he lost his original one and…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Mar 7 to When did you remove your wedding rings?

659 Apr 29
Reply by norm

VOLUNTEER

"Usually none.  I guess it's kind of a rude remark, but the truth is that no one real…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Feb 21 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3343 Apr 29
Reply by YLG

VOLUNTEER

"Ah, and I would have found that curiously refreshing.  To each his/her own, I guess. "

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Feb 21 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3343 Apr 29
Reply by YLG

VOLUNTEER

"My stock answer to "How are you?" was always "Compared to what?" "

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Feb 20 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3343 Apr 29
Reply by YLG

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service