Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

NoLongerInBergenJC's Discussions (697)

Discussions Replied To (647) Replies Latest Activity

"I often wonder if I have the self-confidence to share someone new with a "ghost".  I…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 12 to For those who do not want to date ...

507 Feb 14
Reply by Lupe's husband

"Here's another aspect to this:  My husband had no family.  He didn't like them when…"

507 Feb 14
Reply by Lupe's husband

"Funny that you mention this, Dianne, because I've been wrestling with the same thing…"

507 Feb 14
Reply by Lupe's husband

"One thing I could not bring myself to part with was my husband's old dresser.  It's…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 9 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

554 Feb 13
Reply by Bonaroo

"There is very little, if anything, that I got rid of that I wish I still had.  When…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 9 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

554 Feb 13
Reply by Bonaroo

VOLUNTEER

""Thoughts and prayers" are my least favorite phrase in the English language.  So tri…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 8 to Introduce yourselves, please!

4666 20 hours ago
Reply by Lupe's husband

VOLUNTEER

"Thank you, Dez, for articulating what so many of us go through -- relief that it is…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 8 to Introduce yourselves, please!

4666 20 hours ago
Reply by Lupe's husband

"@Bobbysgirl:  What you just said is advice my mother gave me in my 20s and for all t…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Jan 3 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

575 Feb 17
Reply by only1sue

"As someone who is over four years into this journey now (hard for me to believe, but…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Dec 28, 2017 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

575 Feb 17
Reply by only1sue

"The way you get rid of him is to say "This isn't working for me.  I don't want to se…"

NoLongerInBergenJC replied Dec 1, 2017 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

575 Feb 17
Reply by only1sue

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service