Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

barbee's Discussions (162)

Discussions Replied To (151) Replies Latest Activity

"In regard to grieving, time can be your friend. Your broken heart needs to heal firs…"

barbee replied Jul 24 to The obsession of starting a new relationship

47 Jul 26
Reply by Borntobehappy

"Callie, it's been longer than three months. I live in western WA where the first cas…"

barbee replied Jun 21 to How are you handling the Coronavirus outbreak?

47 yesterday
Reply by Mrs.Linda

"Dee, I can feel your pain. Saturday, May 23 would have been my 56th wedding annivers…"

barbee replied May 26 to What to say, when well meaning friends tell you to "get over it"?

16 Jun 26
Reply by Really?

"For us in the NW (where the first COVID patient showed up) this is our EIGHTH week o…"

barbee replied Apr 15 to How are you handling the Coronavirus outbreak?

47 yesterday
Reply by Mrs.Linda

VOLUNTEER

"Yah, what Janet said. No chat room is a real loss."

barbee replied Mar 8 to Need help using the site? Ask here!

374 50 minutes ago
Reply by Soaring Spirits

"I agree with the ladies here. Not your spouse and you may not know the extent of the…"

barbee replied Mar 8 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

591 Mar 8
Reply by barbee

"Your post has rendered me almost speechless! My first thought was what would your wi…"

barbee replied Feb 4 to Mother-in-law Zinger

6 Feb 15
Reply by Rainy (Misty)

" I have to make sure I don't offer to care for him once he is out of hospital becaus…"

barbee replied Jan 31 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

896 Jul 2
Reply by only1sue

"Lablady: I am sorry you have not had a good experience with WV. Did you have the opp…"

barbee replied Jan 1 to ATTN: ADMINS, Any updates on the new chat room?

20 Jan 7
Reply by Maggiepie

"When we are widowed, just like any other experience in life, there are lessons to le…"

barbee replied Dec 31, 2019 to Urn display

7 Jan 5
Reply by Etchtech

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service