Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

barbee's Discussions (118)

Discussions Replied To (111) Replies Latest Activity

"In grief it is so very easy to feel guilty. All the woulda/shoulda/coulda things sur…"

barbee replied Jun 2 to Relationship issue complicating my grief

5 Jun 3
Reply by Rainy (Misty)

"Yes, there are bad guys out there and they all are not men! I did the online dating…"

barbee replied May 28 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

701 Jun 10
Reply by Slick

"Burning early journals was something I did too. They contained so much sadness and a…"

barbee replied May 14 to Does anyone actively journal?

18 May 14
Reply by SweetMelissa2007

"It's all about the process. As each of us processes grief differently, each individu…"

barbee replied May 10 to Does anyone actively journal?

18 May 14

"Misty, I do journal and have off and on for most of my adult life. I used to write a…"

barbee replied May 5 to Does anyone actively journal?

18 May 14

"What you feel is what you feel. There is no better or worse. We are all different be…"

barbee replied May 3 to shouldn't i feel worse than i do?

19 Jun 4
Reply by Blithe

"It has been over five years for me and once in a while I have "one of those days". …"

barbee replied Apr 2 to Emotional Days?

5 Apr 9
Reply by myranndah

"It seems you are doing everything right. There is no hurrying grief relief. In my ex…"

barbee replied Apr 1 to What else have you found to help with anxiety/attacks, if you have/had them?

10 Apr 6

"Butterflies are also symbolic of new beginnings. The first Christmas after my husban…"

barbee replied Mar 24 to Butterflies and Other Signs

5 Mar 24
Reply by barbee

"After my husband died I moved to another city and bought a house. I had to buy furni…"

barbee replied Nov 10, 2017 to So many different identities....

19 Dec 6, 2017
Reply by Susan

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service