Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

barbee's Discussions (132)

Discussions Replied To (125) Replies Latest Activity

"Maybe you do not need to see a psychiatrist, but a different kind of counselor. Mayb…"

barbee replied May 23 to How do we know when we need to see a doctor (psychiatrist)?

9 Jun 8
Reply by Cindy

"Maybe what you need to do is something for you. It doesn't need to be celebratory. I…"

barbee replied May 9 to Death Anniversary

13 May 12
Reply by Dee1960

"It has been six years for me. The first year was predictably the very hardest. He di…"

barbee replied May 8 to Death Anniversary

13 May 12
Reply by Dee1960

"I tip my hat to you for all the many years of caregiving you did for your wife. I di…"

barbee replied Apr 16 to How old were you when your spouse died? How does your age affect your self-concept now that you're on your own?

741 May 15
Reply by Sad in Milton Keynes

"It is possible. Go slowly; time is on your side.  I'd been widowed for over two year…"

barbee replied Apr 11 to Is it really possible to make room in your heart for a new love?

11 Apr 14
Reply by J in Florida

"Since posting this a few hours ago, I happened upon an interesting thought in an art…"

barbee replied Apr 6 to What is going on with the shifting of emotions?

21 Jun 17
Reply by SweetMelissa2007

"Misty, all of life is a risk. Sometimes I think our bodies tell us things our brain…"

barbee replied Apr 6 to What is going on with the shifting of emotions?

21 Jun 17
Reply by SweetMelissa2007

"Frank, truer words were never spoken than the ones you wrote: "most people want to h…"

barbee replied Mar 16 to How do you share without worrying people? Also is it normal to be in denial?

9 Mar 21
Reply by Rich

"Sometimes we cannot be too careful, especially when we are stressed with grief. Many…"

barbee replied Feb 10 to relationships after

4 Feb 10
Reply by Callie2

VOLUNTEER

"Seattle and Bellevue are very expensive places to live and traffic congestion is som…"

barbee replied Nov 3, 2018 to Losing my home.

157 Nov 3, 2018
Reply by barbee

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service