Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

chef (John)'s Discussions (66)

Discussions Replied To (54) Replies Latest Activity

"I don't know whether I still believe in an afterlife anymore, but I always did feel…"

chef (John) replied Jun 19 to Would you do it again?

26 on Thursday
Reply by bostonguy72

"Yup!"

chef (John) replied Jun 19 to Would you do it again?

26 on Thursday
Reply by bostonguy72

"This advice is spot-on. Six years ago, I felt like the remaining half of a tree that…"

chef (John) replied May 8 to How Do You Live As Half of a Person...

24 May 8
Reply by chef (John)

"You're doing all the "right" things, RCH. (And good for you for finding a good thera…"

chef (John) replied Apr 27 to How old were you when your spouse died? How does your age affect your self-concept now that you're on your own?

682 Jun 25
Reply by ByHisGrace08

VOLUNTEER

"Not quite as bad, but I often left the back door unlocked."

chef (John) replied Apr 25 to Widow Brain: have you done anything DUMB or unusual?

173 May 5
Reply by Averysmom

"There is a lot of wisdom in what RCH has posted. Early on, we all believe/think/hop…"

chef (John) replied Apr 13 to Please tell me this raw, stabbing grief goes away

31 Apr 20
Reply by Stripes07 (Phil)

"Yes. I started another one week after my wife died. (I had kept journals off and on…"

chef (John) replied Apr 5 to Do you keep a journal?

7 Apr 5
Reply by chef (John)

"Keep reading and posting. You're still in the "shock" stage. There is a lot of wisdo…"

chef (John) replied Feb 12 to Just trying to deal with this.

230 Mar 4
Reply by Larryh0823

"It's because we dared to love another person so deeply and completely. In the meanti…"

chef (John) replied Jan 14 to Some of you may not like this

102 Jun 17
Reply by WithoutJim

"The all-at-once aspect of the "stages" is probably the worst part of it. You think y…"

chef (John) replied Jan 2 to Some of you may not like this

102 Jun 17
Reply by WithoutJim

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service