Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

chef (John)'s Discussions (73)

Discussions Replied To (61) Replies Latest Activity

VOLUNTEER

"Congratulations. Hope you can enjoy retirement."

chef (John) replied Aug 29 to AUGUST Anniversaries, Birthdays and Other Special Days

20 Sep 6
Reply by Claddagh2011

VOLUNTEER

"(((Hugs)))"

chef (John) replied Aug 29 to AUGUST Anniversaries, Birthdays and Other Special Days

20 Sep 6
Reply by Claddagh2011

"Go with your gut. I did not do well in group sessions (similar to what you described…"

chef (John) replied Aug 24 to Group Grief Therapy- Good or bad?

29 Sep 15
Reply by soulmate

"What's the point? Whatever you make it, Imogen. ;-) If you see some value in learnin…"

chef (John) replied Aug 8 to Young Widow/Widower (YWW) with no Kids

38 Aug 23
Reply by Lupe's husband

"I agree with the help of fur babies. Mine were very helpful to me when my wife died…"

chef (John) replied Aug 8 to Young Widow/Widower (YWW) with no Kids

38 Aug 23
Reply by Lupe's husband

"I agree that you have stated things quite well. How can things ever get back to "nor…"

chef (John) replied Aug 3 to Until Death do us part.....not really

4 Aug 22
Reply by devonsvoice

VOLUNTEER

"This is gonna sound counter-intuitive/dumb, but just go go with what you're feeling.…"

chef (John) replied Aug 1 to JULY Anniversaries, Birthdays and Other Special Days

18 Aug 2
Reply by guilloma

"I don't know whether I still believe in an afterlife anymore, but I always did feel…"

chef (John) replied Jun 19 to Would you do it again?

32 Sep 8
Reply by Nieta

"Yup!"

chef (John) replied Jun 19 to Would you do it again?

32 Sep 8
Reply by Nieta

"This advice is spot-on. Six years ago, I felt like the remaining half of a tree that…"

chef (John) replied May 8 to How Do You Live As Half of a Person...

24 May 8
Reply by chef (John)

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service