Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

chef (John)'s Discussions (141)

Discussions Replied To (116) Replies Latest Activity

VOLUNTEER

"I did this too. Every time I heard a car door slam outside, I'd look out to see whet…"

chef (John) replied Feb 17, 2016 to Widow Brain: have you done anything DUMB or unusual?

173 May 5, 2017
Reply by Averysmom

"Congratulations. You said a mouthful."

chef (John) replied Dec 16, 2015 to Encouragement for those walking in the early months of grief

96 Jan 18, 2016
Reply by SweetMelissa

"Wow! Too bad your only choices were a $30 meal [with lots of adjectives, I'll bet :-…"

chef (John) replied Dec 14, 2015 to Time Share Salesman

18 Dec 22, 2015
Reply by Lupe's husband

VOLUNTEER

"I have to agree with this. *Shrugs*"

chef (John) replied Dec 13, 2015 to Dreams and signs. Does your loved one appear to you in dreams?

258 Feb 1
Reply by vintage56(barb)

"I wonder about this as well, and come to the conclusion that (1) if there is an afte…"

chef (John) replied Dec 12, 2015 to What would you ask your late spouse right now if you could? And why?

63 Apr 16, 2016
Reply by Maria Louisa

"David, I didn't have to worry about any heavenly frying pan, since I was hard enough…"

chef (John) replied Dec 11, 2015 to What would you ask your late spouse right now if you could? And why?

63 Apr 16, 2016
Reply by Maria Louisa

"David, I've done a few things after which I'm sure Jude (if she saw it) did a face/f…"

chef (John) replied Dec 10, 2015 to What would you ask your late spouse right now if you could? And why?

63 Apr 16, 2016
Reply by Maria Louisa

"My question: How am I doin'? One of Jude's friends insists that she is cheering me o…"

chef (John) replied Dec 9, 2015 to What would you ask your late spouse right now if you could? And why?

63 Apr 16, 2016
Reply by Maria Louisa

"You are doing all the right things. (I used an unused stairwell whenever I lost it a…"

chef (John) replied Dec 8, 2015 to Encouragement for those walking in the early months of grief

96 Jan 18, 2016
Reply by SweetMelissa

"Actually, david1980, you struck more of a chord for me with the Huck Finn drifting-d…"

chef (John) replied Nov 4, 2015 to For those who do not want to date ...

509 May 30, 2018
Reply by SweetMelissa2007

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service