Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

chef (John)'s Discussions (124)

Discussions Replied To (104) Replies Latest Activity

VOLUNTEER

"Yeah, this can happen to anyone. I am very wary about using dating sites. Real life…"

chef (John) replied Sep 8, 2015 to Dating and love

609 Aug 13, 2016
Reply by Doug02122014

"It just takes time and planning. I felt strange doing it on my own at first, but it…"

chef (John) replied Sep 1, 2015 to Don't Stew, Do! What are you doing to climb out of your grave?

172 Dec 23, 2018
Reply by Spunky

"Good. [But you're still allowed to get angry whenever the situation warrants.]"

chef (John) replied Aug 17, 2015 to I'm just angry today.................

11 Aug 18, 2015
Reply by Hosmer

"Parents will always be parents...*Sigh!* (At least I live ~400 miles/six-hour drive…"

chef (John) replied Aug 17, 2015 to Feeling like a social outcast and disconnected

46 Aug 20, 2015
Reply by Irishwidow

"My own parents got on my case (separately) when I wasn't dating at three months out…"

chef (John) replied Aug 17, 2015 to Feeling like a social outcast and disconnected

46 Aug 20, 2015
Reply by Irishwidow

"The first year is just about survival, and the second one is "OK, now what...?", whi…"

chef (John) replied Aug 16, 2015 to Feeling like a social outcast and disconnected

46 Aug 20, 2015
Reply by Irishwidow

"I think we get to discuss this "only amongst ourselves" after six months - 1 year (o…"

chef (John) replied Aug 16, 2015 to Feeling like a social outcast and disconnected

46 Aug 20, 2015
Reply by Irishwidow

VOLUNTEER

"I kept misplacing my cell phone, wallet and keys.  I would also stop at the grocery…"

chef (John) replied Aug 14, 2015 to Widow Brain: have you done anything DUMB or unusual?

173 May 5, 2017
Reply by Averysmom

VOLUNTEER

"Just take it as it comes. Good thoughts to you as well."

chef (John) replied Aug 9, 2015 to AUGUST Anniversaries, Birthdays and Other Special Days

61 Sep 1, 2015
Reply by Slick

VOLUNTEER

"The "Year of Firsts" really sucks. I'll think good thoughts for you that day too."

chef (John) replied Aug 9, 2015 to AUGUST Anniversaries, Birthdays and Other Special Days

61 Sep 1, 2015
Reply by Slick

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service