Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

lizbeth4's Discussions (44)

Discussions Replied To (39) Replies Latest Activity

"NoLongerInBergenJC,    That is horrible that you weren't given any slack at work. No…"

lizbeth4 replied Aug 28, 2016 to I am a widow by suicide, and haunted by that look in his eyes before he died

24 Aug 28, 2016
Reply by SweetMelissa2007

VOLUNTEER

"My family Doctor (18 years)  said to me 1 month after my Husband died (cancer)  that…"

lizbeth4 replied Aug 27, 2016 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3424 Sep 15
Reply by Peach

"I am sorry for your loss!   Although my Husband didn't take his life, his lifestyle…"

lizbeth4 replied Aug 27, 2016 to I am a widow by suicide, and haunted by that look in his eyes before he died

24 Aug 28, 2016
Reply by SweetMelissa2007

"I was 55 years old when my Husband died 3 years ago.   He was 57.   We had been marr…"

lizbeth4 replied May 11, 2016 to How old were you when your spouse died? How does your age affect your self-concept now that you're on your own?

727 yesterday
Reply by LCMJ

"Payson Arizona"

lizbeth4 replied Oct 2, 2015 to Where is everyone from?

266 Apr 19
Reply by jcristedi

VOLUNTEER

"It is alright and normal to feel vulnerable after the loss of a spouse.  It has been…"

lizbeth4 replied Dec 9, 2014 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3424 Sep 15
Reply by Peach

VOLUNTEER

"I sold our condo 9 month following my Husband's death.  I moved 2 hours from the cit…"

lizbeth4 replied Dec 9, 2014 to Losing my home.

153 Sep 28
Reply by widwom

"I felt guilty in the beginning, right after my Husband's death as I thought that I d…"

lizbeth4 replied Oct 5, 2014 to Feeling guilty about feeling better: Why are we afraid to be happy?

18 Oct 5, 2014
Reply by loycer

"It has been 14 months since the death of my husband.  I still have sleepless nights.…"

lizbeth4 replied May 21, 2014 to Healthy Living After Loss

333 Mar 11, 2017
Reply by mcbeth (Mary Beth)

VOLUNTEER

"I sold the condo that my husband and I lived in for years and bought a home in a sma…"

lizbeth4 replied May 19, 2014 to Losing my home.

153 Sep 28
Reply by widwom

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service