Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

happylilycat's Discussions (46)

Discussions Replied To (36) Replies Latest Activity

"Don, the image of "ripping off the bandage/bandaid" is heartfelt. Been there, done t…"

happylilycat replied May 31 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

529 May 31
Reply by happylilycat

"widow85, inch by inch and row by row, we all sow the seeds we need to sow.  No one c…"

happylilycat replied May 30 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

529 May 31
Reply by happylilycat

"Doug, it took me well over a year (I'm at 15 months now) to even be able to stomach…"

happylilycat replied May 30 to What to do with spouses personal effects and when?

529 May 31
Reply by happylilycat

"Right on, I think this kind of thinking is just wishful thinking for the deceased to…"

happylilycat replied May 17 to Have you experienced any "God Winks" (i.e., messages) from your late spouse?

151 Jul 19
Reply by vintage56(barb)

"Ali, I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you lived through a nightmare, and…"

happylilycat replied May 17 to Stupid People

58 May 17
Reply by MPMom (Colleen)

"Rich, I am so sorry to have read about your multiple losses, the "sanitized" words I…"

happylilycat replied May 15 to What's the point?

40 Jun 10
Reply by JUDY1951

VOLUNTEER

"Today is our wedding anniversary.  "

happylilycat replied May 15 to MAY Anniversaries, Birthdays and Other Special Days

21 Jun 9
Reply by RMH

"I understand. Without my beloved husband, I just don't see what the point is for my…"

happylilycat replied May 15 to What's the point?

40 Jun 10
Reply by JUDY1951

"Only1Sue, do what your heart tells you is right.  That is my only guide these days.…"

happylilycat replied May 14 to What are the fundamentals of dating in your 60s and 70s?

425 Jul 8
Reply by Slick

VOLUNTEER

"Disgusting and objectionable on so many levels! I'm sorry you had to hear that.  My…"

happylilycat replied May 14 to What is the most insensitive thing someone has said to you about your loss?

3283 Jun 1
Reply by Canadian Country Gal

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service