A community of peers created by the Soaring Spirits Loss Foundation
I know for me it is very easy to focus on the negatives in my life and we all know that losing our spouse brings lots of negatives, but in an effort to focus on the positives, I am starting this thread to help remind me that there are still some good things in my life.
Here's my 3 good things for today:
1. I had a nice chat with my sister this morning.
2. FIL fell yesterday and did NOT get hurt. All was well when I visited today.
3. March Madness is here! I love college basketball and have enjoyed watching some mens and womens games today.
Here are some more things to be grateful for:
1. Brene Brown and her Shame research. I watched Super Soul Sunday Part 2 w/ Oprah last night. Wow, she is amazing.
2. I'm getting some extra work/$$ this week covering for my boss who is on vacation for Spring Break.
3. A friend offered her and her two children to come over and help me with yard clean up this Saturday. I'm going to practice receiving and accept.
3 good things:
1. New guy in my life. Even though he's 8 hours away - he's still an amazing source of comfort and love.
2. Kids. My kids are freaking awesome.
3. Company I work for is awesome.
1. The sun is shining and it's going to be a beautiful, warm, sunny spring day in Toronto.
2. Taking my daughter Maddy shopping today to Yorkdale Shopping Centre, one of the finest in T.O.
3. Looking forward to Easter Sunday service at my bro's church (he's a minister) and then lunch at his place with my two kids and his family.
1. It's Easter!
2. I am hosting supper for 16 people, the desserts are made, the menu is planned and I am ready to do this.
3. I found out on Friday that my first grand baby is going to be a granddaughter. (OK, I wanted a boy, but I'm getting there!)
Here is my 3 for this weekend:
1. I got a ton of yard work/cleanup done. I more 1/2 day of really going at it and should feel like things are more under control.
2. I enjoyed some women's basketball...love March Madness, especially the women!
3. I found a new self-help author to check out by listening to her segment on The Self Acceptance Project.
1. My daughter and I shared an enjoyable day of shopping and then I took her out to dinner and she told me how much she enjoyed it.
2. We had an enjoyable visit for Easter to my brother's church service and then at his home for Easter dinner.
3.Planning a trip to NY with my two kids this coming August.
Here's my good things for today.
1. I took today and tomorrow off work and enjoyed sleeping in a bit and a lazy start to my day.
2. I picked up my taxes today and was pleasantly surprised by the refund amounts.
3. I washed my car and it needed it badly.
4. I got a little bit of yard work done.
5. I watched a couple of women's b-ball games and Cal has made it to the Women's Final Four for the first time ever. I'm just glad we have a left coast team.
Here are some more good things for this week.
1. I had a beautiful day weather wise for my drive down to the cemetery for my husband's birthday. I sat on the knoll overlooking the reservoir and mountains and visited and then played my hoop drum for about 5 minutes, while my little dog lay by my side. It was the most beautiful, peaceful visit to date.
2. I mustered the courage to go to a local kayak shop and get some instruction and tips about loading my kayak on my car.
3. I had dinner with a work friend last night who is also going to school and headed towards a new career. We had some good conversations.
I just had to write in this discussion forum today. My three good things for today are:
1) Enjoyed the beautiful sunny day without a cloud in the sky by doing some gardening, weeding and trimming plus refilled the bird feeders and enjoyed watching some finches, robins and blue jays.
2) Finally decided to remove the wallpaper from my kitchen and get the walls and cabinets painted - called my daughter's friend who needs the work and hired her to start tomorrow!
3) Got my hair cut and colored and feel like a new person. Ahh!
I am sending out to all of you peaceful thoughts for the rest of the day.