Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Just wanted to see if there were more young people out there, like myself who were widowed in their 20's-30's. 

Be sure to join the Born in the 80s or Born in the 90s groups to connect with others your age.  We just added the 90s group.

Views: 988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm 31 and my husband passed on 1/8/15 (I was 30 at the time )

I was widowed almost 7 months ago. I am 32 (was 31 when my husband died). He died suddenly in a car accident. We have 2 small children - a 4 year old girl, and a baby boy who is now 9 months old. It is so, so hard.

I just joined. I was 27 when I was widowed in February of this year. I recently turned 28. I hoped to find young widows on this site I could relate to.

I am 35 now, became a widow at 33 -  10 days before my 34th birthday.

I was widowed at 30, turning 32 on Tuesday 3 days before my 5th wedding anniversary.  Ray died sudden at age 31.  No children which almost makes it more difficult.

Be sure to join the Born in the 80s or Born in the 90s groups to connect with others your age.  We just added the 90s group.

Yes I'm a widow, I recently turned 28......I was 27 when I became a widow last February
Hi. Widowed at 31. Now 33. Lost my husband through a long battle with cancer that started not long after we married. No children , which makes it hard, no features of Derek passed on.

I am a little over the mark. Dean died February this year when I was 35 and then in March I turned 36. However he would have been 45 in May. He was old enough that he/we have kids ranging from age 24 to 7 and have a grandson who is 6. I was born 1979 so I miss the mark on the 80s group. :(

Don't let a year or two keep you out of the 'Born in 80s' group, MrsRDC.  No one keeps a strict count on that and there's easily a crossover. 

Here's a link to that group:  http://widowedvillage.org/group/borninthe80s  Just click on +Join and you're in!

Thank you so much! I am so glad to have found some people who understand me right now. Everyone else just looks at me like I'm insane.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service