Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Here's a spot where you can post your special April remembrances - wedding anniversaries, birthdays, anniversaries of your loss, children's weddings, etc. - and discuss the plans you have to get through those potentially hard days.

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My baby girl turns sweet & sour 16 today!

April 1, 2012. Palm Sunday. Wayne had been battling Prostate Cancer for the past 9 years and it was catching up with him. Finally. But really I had no idea he only had a few weeks left to live. No idea. A few days before Palm Sunday, Wayne wanted to have an Easter Egg hunt. And we did. A week later. It was Easter Sunday. Lots of family was around. 

The memories come flooding back. Such a difficult, crazy, emotional, surreal time. 

Wayne lived until May 20, 2012. 

April 5th will be the 4th anniversary of Bryan’s death. April 16th is the sixth anniversary of his diagnosis. April 30th is my birthday.  April kinda sucks. 

I hear you with that... kind of the same boat. 

April 25th is the one year anniversary of my husbands passing this month has been so hard and it's only the 7th

hugs, djackson

April 16th, 2001 is Dave & I's anniversary. <3 We were blessed to share 10 years together.

11th April - Today is Archana's 43rd Birthday !

Many Many Happy Returns of the Birthday !

She is not with Us today but I pray that wherever she is - she must be happy and at peace !

Though, one her last birthday, we never knew that it was her last birthday but we had great time !

Miss you my love and life !

Bill's and my wedding anniversary was the 7th....the past 8 months since I lived through my daughter;s 20 anniversary I have not b een with it...Feb was my husband's birthday, March 1 mydaughter;s birthday and Bill's 7th anniversary the same day....and then April7th was our wedding anniversary..I feel as I did year 2..which was my worst so far....what do you do at 7 years when you can barely function...are there grief groups out there for people who are far into it but not so raw as when it is brand new...I feel like that's what I need is a grief group

i don’t know where you are in the country Slick, but I was able to google grief groups in San Diego and find plenty of resources. I know soaring spirits also has regional meet up groups of us widows. Just click Groups above and then “Connect with Others” to find out more. Sending you hugs and peace. 

It will be my 35th birthday in a few days. And 15 months since Jake passed this month. We would have celebrated his half birthday this month  since we were 6 months (and a few  years) apart. Yesterday my friends coaxed me out to a show and the singer looked a lot like him. Very uncomfortable at first, but the band was great and it felt good to remember his mannerisms and all the ways he’d make me laugh. My life will never be the same having lost him, but starting to live some days remembering my life will never be the same having loved him.

April 5th was the sixth month without my husband. April 9th was his birthday, and the 21st will be initial diagnosis which was wrong, then April 27th his first hospitalization. I also hate January for many sad anniversaries. But right now..... April is the worst.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service