Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Here's a spot where you can post your special April remembrances - wedding anniversaries, birthdays, anniversaries of your loss, children's weddings, etc. - and discuss the plans you have to get through those potentially hard days.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

April 18th is my 33rd birthday. It also is 6 months around the calendar from my wedding anniversary, which means I am hitting the 18 month mark of everything. Today, 18 months ago, was the day Shane came out of the bedroom and was so jaundiced I knew he needed to go to the hospital. He matched the paint in our living room. The next day he would agree to go. Two weeks after that he would leave the hospital for hospice care and die a day later. 

Debbie..I am so sorry....so much at once....my thoughts are with you..sending you peace.

When you hugged me good bye I didn't know it would be the last time.  Seven years ago today I lost you, and my life has never been the same.  I miss you Tony......

So beautiful Lisa....I lost Bill 7 years ago March 1....I did know it was the last kiss....I don't think life is ever the same...sending you Peace.

April 20 would have marked a 55th wedding anniversary for me and Mickey (aka Eleanor).  For some reason the 23rd verse of 2 Samuel 13 keeps popping into my head -- "But now he is dead.  Why should I fast?  Can I bring him back again?  I shall go to him, but he will not return to me."

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service