Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Here's a spot where you can post your special August remembrances - wedding anniversaries, birthdays, anniversaries of your loss, children's weddings, etc. - and discuss the plans you have to get through those potentially hard days. 

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My husband died 8/16/16 funeral mass 8/18/16.

Hugs Betsy

It would have been our 35th wedding anniversary today.  DH died this May.

I was dreading today, but not feeling too bad.  I'm 'celebrating' the day in my head with my DH in spirit.  I'm also joining a knitting class today and seeing my grandchildren, so keeping busy as well.

Hugs Lindi

(((Hugs)))

August 23rd would have been our sixth year anniversary. Instead of spending it with my love, I spent it going through our things trying to put together a shadow box of her life and another of our relationship. Still working on it, as its so much harder than what I anticipated it would be. However, I think she would like what I've got so far.

August also marked 6 months since she passed. Still so surreal to me.

Take care everyone (((hugs)))

Good Morning Claddagh,

First off, please let me say that I'm sorry your going through this. But your not alone. Our anniversary was so hard for me. We were married for 38 years the day he passed last Dec. 7th ... I too am still packing things away. But the strangest thing is, I just can't pack away the things in his top drawer. I don't know why. It's just his underwear drawer. T-shirts and underwear. I have his clothes, shirts and slack folded and stacked in the bedroom. That's as far as I seem to get them. ... But I'm wondering if I should find a charity to give them to for the Hurricane Harvey victims. But I have no idea which charity is trustworthy anymore.  I think Paul would approve of giving them to people who need them.

I'm sorry this post turned out to be more about me than you. I'm sorry I Hijacked your post.  

Regards,

Susan

Susan,

No worries. Its nice hearing/reading other people's stories. I can't see or touch her clothes without losing it. Those are the hardest items for me as well. I've thought about donating too, but I (like you) just don't know of a reputable source. I also don't know if I can handle them being gone for good. It's like more pieces of her have gone missing. Please be gentle with yourself.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service