Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Questions about Camp Widow? Michele Neff Hernandez and her terrific supporting board members will stop by periodically to answer your questions and share ideas. Folks who have attended in earlier years may also chime in and share their experiences too. 

Camp Widow EAST will take place in Myrtle Beach, SC, from April 20 to 22, 2012. This is the first year at this location and it is going to be amazing! View the jam-packed schedule or the list of workshops. Register here.

Camp Widow WEST is in its fourth year in San Diego, CA, from August 10 to 12, 2012. Schedule and list of workshop are very similar to those for CW East, but check back as we update that page. You can register for CW West here.

Important note: Widowed Village members are eligible for the GROUP RATE, up to $50 off the registration fee. SSLF also keeps a list of those who wish to find a roommate, to further reduce the cost of attending. Get on that list by writing to this address.

See the first comment for more resources for learning about Camp Widow and ways to participate the rest of the year.

Camp Widow is hosted by the Soaring Spirits Loss Foundation, the owner of this site.

Views: 810

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Other resources about Camp Widow:

• Read testimonials about how Camp Widow 2009, 2010, and 2011 have become part of the journey of more than 500 attendees.
  • Connect with others who are attending in 2012 by RSVP'ing for the virtual events -- East and West. This is a great place to plan meetups and "meet" folks before you arrive.
  • Widowed Village includes an online group for Camp Widow alumni.
  • You can read last year's Camp Widow Q&A.
  • Many people attend Camp Widow with help from family and friends. Check out Camp Bucks and share the link with those who want to support you, but don't know how.

If we signed up for a roommate when will we be notified if we have been assigned one and who it will be? Also I can't remember if I put my name on the list or not, can we find out?

Lisa, just send Michele another note, but don't be too anxious... She'll let you know well before it's time. You might mention in your email whether you already reserved a room. I do not think she's ever had to leave anyone roommate-less. Contact AT SSLF DOT org. I'm looking forward to meeting you! 

Thanks Supa I'll contact michele, I'm not that anxious just wondering I'm one of those planner people, like to have every detail worked out. ( Always drove my husband crazy) lol   Looking forward to meeting you also, I'll see you in April.

I was charged $375 for registration.  I think Michele mentioned on Monday's chat that it should be $325, with our $50 WV discount.  I didn't see any options when I registered to get a discount.  How can I get that adjusted? 

Well, duh!  I just realized that I should have picked Group instead of Regular when I registered.  Phooey!

Can we change that so I can save $50?

I would guess they could take care of that ... send an email to SSLF to let them know:   [email protected]

Sherbear, please write to [email protected] and they will take care of it! 

I registered early this year, what do I do to sign up for workshops? I see they're up and posted! 

Hi Susan - You'll receive an email from SSLF when they're ready for you to choose your workshops. I think they send them out based upon when you registered. I look forward to meeting you!

Workshops for Camp Widow West have been posted on the website!     http://www.campwidow.org/workshops/

Here's a link to the event schedule for the weekend:  http://www.campwidow.org/event-schedule/

You'll receive an email from SSLF when they're ready for you to make your workshop choices.

I know it doesnt take much to confuse me these days, but am over the workshops.  I know which ones I want to do, but some overlap?  Or is that just me looking at it wrong?  Help

A little confusing for me also Amy.  Where do we get a full description of what is covered in workshop?

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service