Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

My prayers are with you all, today, tomorrow, always.

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As mine are with you.

r

Thank you. Christmas will be over tomorrow and I need to start practicing saying "Fine and you?" when people ask me how my day was. No one wants to hear my woes.

Yes, everyone asks "how are you?", or they say, "he's in a better place". Just words. I also reply "fine, thank you.", but it's so meaningless. People mean well, and I might have been in their shoes before. The hubby's family is very supportive, which I am thankful for. However, the confront of every moment and every day is very lonely. I'm waiting for my next Reiki session (after holidays). The first and only one I had the day before the service helped somewhat. I keep misplacing stuff these last couple of weeks. I put something down and then I don't remember where it is. I'm trying to go through stuff in our home and end up with clutter. So, I'm fine in that I'm trying to cope but I know I'm not fine. 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service