Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

My husband's death anniversary is coming up, May 28th. It will be four years, seems like yesterday, seems a hundred years  ago -- anyone else feel the same?

Found him in the morning, unresponsive in bed. Called 911, paramedics couldn't revive, said "sorry Ma'am he's dead" --- I'm shocked, then police officer came, then CSi detective came (I guess to make sure I didn't kill him) then men in black came with black vans to take his body away ... never will forget that day...

So what does one do on the anniversary of a death?

We have no children, I have no nearby family..  so that's not an option  -- any suggestions? What to do on a death anniversary?

Thanks.

D.

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and kind words. I appreciate it. So sorry to hear, Norma, it's the same date as your birthday -- that has to be very hard. Frank, thanks for lovely reply. I, of course, am not celebrating this day -- wish I could wipe it off the calendar! But that isn't happening. Am thinking about going a movie --- just to get out of the house and get my mind off it.... 

thanks again to everyone who replied -- it's good know I'm not alone.

Dee

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service