Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Here's a spot where you can post your special December remembrances - wedding anniversaries, birthdays, anniversaries of your loss, children's weddings, etc. - and discuss the plans you have to get through those potentially hard days. 

See comments below for special dates we can gather together to get through this hard holiday month.  You're not alone.

December 10:  Worldwide Candle Lighting at 7pm all time zones

December 25:  Hosted Chat Room all day

December 31:  Hosted Chat Room from 8pm EST to 12:30am PST

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Frank,

Not sure where you live, but it sounds like what Paul & I called snuggle weather. The weather is in the teens here in Ohio at night. Stay warm.

Susan

To my husband, I still miss you oh so much!  On the eighth, was your birthday. You would have been 73. I often wonder what life would be like if you were still here. The diabetes seemed to take a little of you each day. I received a newsletter on Agent Orange just this past week, yes, they still send them and it is a reminder of how it may have impacted your life and eventually, your death.

The anniversary of your passing is in one week. It will be nine years! I have come a long way since then but missing you is one thing I cannot get over. I will always remember that awful day, the day you went away. I never had the chance to say good-by but I do know one day I will see you again. I find at least some comfort in the fact that you no longer have to stick those cannula in your belly and deal with the uncontrollable diabetes. How you dealt with all that, I'll never know.

No one has forgotten you down here. We have fond memories but we all miss your sense of humor, your caring, knowledge and calming effect during time of crisis. You taught me a lot and I am forever grateful. Till we meet again.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service