Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I've read over and over how much it helps.  I've given it a try but have thrown it to the side.  My journals seem to turn into letters to Jerry that leave me sobbing, not sure how much that helps.  

If you journal how has it helped?  Would you recommend I keep trying?  Do your journals end up as letters that will never get read or have you set a different tempo for them?  

I feel as if all of my previous positivity is slipping away, and I'm grasping at straws to hang on to being positive and having a healthy outlook.  

Views: 356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Susan, Yes, I have reread it and promptly threw it away!  I decided I'd be mortified if anyone ever saw the stuff I wrote!!!  I am keeping a bullet journal now and it's way less personal of course.  I feel "safe" with that.  Nice to hear from ya, Susan.  I hope you've been doing well. 

I just recently last weekend started journaling via a journey app that I found on my iPhone.   I wanted to give it a try as well since I've heard good things about it but I didn't think I would be willing to pick up pen and paper. I do however find myself also talking to Brent maybe that's what we're supposed to do? 

I think we each find our own way. I do the old fashioned pen and notebook. That's the interesting thing I noticed. In the beginning I did a lot of writing to Ed. Now not so much. But there isn't any one way to do any of this. We each are in this uniquely but we can reach out here and folks understand.

Hugs.

I journal everyday.  I cry the whole time, but I can say what I want to.

Sometimes is loving stuff, other times it an outrage chewing him out, yelling

as fast as I can write.  It does help, for a few hours.  I still have death fog memory going on,

so I journal to remember stuff I need to do also.

Last Jan. I got a both a journal, we both wrote in it up until his death.

It took me 2 weeks after he passed to read it.  It is now my cherished treasure.

I will keep journaling, so when I am gone our children can read how much I loved their daddy.

that's so special and what a treat that you have his journal.  

Dear I Hafta,

That sounds like a beautiful thing.

I have been journaling since we found out Paul had brain cancer. So I have journals from 2015..  I don't always write in them anymore. 

I have go and buy a poinsettia for his grave.   Today is his 2nd year anniversary of being in Heaven.

Love,

Susan

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service