Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

WELCOME to our community ... tell us about you!

Views: 94978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much. One minute I'm ok, the next minute I'm totally down. I'm so tired of the swings in emotions and being by myself. I don't think the Lord meant for me to be alone...my heart is so broken.

It's been almost 4 months for me, today I woke up feeling great and it has stayed with me throughout a very tough shift at work.  Most days I ride a rollercoaster of emotions, but not today.

Take YOUR time Raebee, because it is your time.

Here's hoping I finish the week on a good note and can enjoy Mother's Day.  And the same hope for all of our Mother's out there.

I feel the same way. It has been ten months for me and some days are good and some days are really bad. My heart has been heavy for 10 months. Only god can help us through this. I pray that god gives us peace.

Thank you so much for your kindness. <3

I gained the title of "widow" on January 2, 2018, when my Prince Charming was killed in a work accident at a grain elevator. We had only begun our Happily Ever After, having just gotten married on September 8, 2017. We're 32 - his birthday is 2 weeks before mine. Our wedding day is exactly between our two birthdays. And it's mathematical (9 + 8 = 17). We were in the same math class my freshman year of high school, so the importance of that date isn't coincidental.

Marcus was my first boyfriend in high school. My first kiss. My first love. I moved away and broke up with him because of the distance. We were 16. Through the power of the internet, we sporadically kept in touch through our 20's. We fought and vanquished many demons during our time apart. He messaged me in the fall after we turned 30 and we soon started dating. At that point, we were invincible. We built each other up in ways that the people in our lives have been amazed by. 

Then tragedy struck. I will never forget that day; though so much of it is a blur, it's also crystal clear. It plays in slow motion in my head when I let my thoughts wander there.

Outside of my widowhood, I am a mom of two beautiful kids from my first marriage. They keep me going. I also love to crochet. I'm reading again, and writing. I am an avid animal lover and have too many pets :) I have a very strong relationship with God and Jesus and it is through Him that I've made it this far.

I am so thankful to have found Widville! I am the only young widow I know in my community, so I'm thankful to be able to reach out to others online. I feel so isolated at times. Through this tragedy, I've also lost my best friend, as she apparently couldn't handle the pressure of supporting me in my time of need, though I was expected to drop everything to come to her aide whenever anything befell her.

Hello, Widvillagers!

Shellybean,

So sorry for your loss. I, too, was married to my HS sweetheart and lost him suddenly to an accident also. It has been just over 15 months for me, and I miss him every day. We were married 30 years, but I still feel young at 51. It is up and down - good days and bad. Stay strong and seek out support such as these sites, but there is a wealth of information and friends who "get it." Practice self-care - move on from those people who can aid you right now. You really don't need to deal with that. Focus on yourself. God bless you. 

Hi, my name is Leonie. My husband, Ryan, passed away in January. We were on vacation in Mexico and he drowned while out kayaking. 10 weeks earlier we had welcomed our 2nd daughter. In the past months we moved to Michigan from California to be closer to family and I started a new job. It is hard meeting new people all the time who never knew him. It feels that I can’t really talk about him or what happened. 

Knowing there are so many of us who have experienced an awful loss, others who “get it,” somehow brings a little comfort.

Rainbow, I'm so sorry you've had to find us.  I hope you'll find WV as comforting as I have.

Hi, my name is Ann and I am Scottish. Has been 6 months since my husband passed suddenly and unexpectedly last November of 2017. Nothing in life has prepared me for this pain and loss of my best friend.

hugs Ann

My name is Sean. I lost my wife, Patty, 79 days ago. She died right in front of me at our home. She was smiling at me one moment calling me to her to tell me something then she was gone, forever. It is now just me and our two dogs. Coming home after work and seeing her here or being home when she got home from work use to be one of my favorite things; now it is something I dread everyday. 

I am so sorry for your loss.

My experience was similar, with my husband dying in my arms, I was trying to help him stand up at the time.  I too dread coming home each day.  It gets better, not perfect but better with some time.

Remember the dogs are there and still need you, to them, you are their "Everything."

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service