Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

WELCOME to our community ... tell us about you!

Views: 93013

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Tekwriter

i am so sorry for your loss. It is all so raw for you, being only two months since you lost your husband. I lost my Phil in March 2017 and I still feel so desperately sad. We have two children, Mike and Sammi, and we all look after each other. Phil and I had been married for nearly 36 years and I miss him so much. I feel that I am becoming a bit of a hermit, not wanting to go far from the house. Phil was only 56 and was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, only 7 weeks before he passed away. It was such a shock. Life will never be the same.

do you have some good friends who will ‘look out’ for you? I have a few but many people have disappointed me. Hopefully you will have some people to talk to as it is very lonely. I am lucky that my daughter still lives with me and my son lives only 2 minutes away in the car.

i hope you find some comfort and friendship from people on this site. It helps to know that you are not alone. I feel that only people who have gone through such a loss as ours, truly understand how we are feeling.

Vanda

I know where you're coming from. I have a very similar situation and experience. I feel the same way.I lost my best friend and the love of my life. Life is so desolate right now. I feel sad everyday.I pray that someday the intense feeling of pain and loss will subside. This is the worst pain I have ever experienced. 

I hope you get some help from this site. Everyone has been so positive and supportive. I hope it helps and strengthens you. It is nice to know there are wonderful people out there who will understand and help you on your new path. It has made a difference for me to know that I am not alone in this. I feel so fortunate to have found this site.  I hope you find comfort and peace. Bless you!

Cushty1

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service