Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

WELCOME to our community ... tell us about you!

Views: 102883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alma

I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope you find some comfort here. I have. 

That was sure a good statement about grief. That’s what it feels like. 

Hugs

Judyrose

Alma, the description "grief is love with nowhere to go" seems very accurate. I am so sorry for your loss.  This is a club none of us wanted to join.  But it is a comfort to have this outlet.   

Another description Is grief is the price you pay for love. I heard this on the program Downton Abbey when a young woman becomes a widow. No matter the description it is very painful. Peace to all.

Bobbysgirl

What you said really touched my heart. I’m just glad I had his love as

long as I did. 

Judyrose 

Hello All,

My name is Steve. Lost my wife, Sharon, on 10/10/2019 at 7:43pm while I laying beside her holding her hands looking into her deep blue eyes. She dealt with colon cancer for 10 months, I say dealt as we were told it was way too far gone when we found out. The term lost is really the only term that can be used as I do seem to be looking everywhere for her knowing I will not find her. 

Lost, scared, and confused!

Hi Steve, welcome. I am so sorry for your loss. It's a very quiet forum here but so much to read. Make yourself at home

Steve, I am so sorry for your loss. I am sorry you have to be here. We all do wish things could be different for ourselves and our loved ones.

You are right in saying you are lost. Not only have we lost our partners, but we are left in a lost state.

I'm sending hugs your way. Come back and post your feelings anytime.

Steve  I am so sorry for your loss.   Your wife Sharon passed away on my Ardell's death-versary.   He was also a cancer patient.   It is so heart wrenching to watch our loved one go from healthy to sick and then worse every day.  Just fading away, until they are gone.  Hugs to you during this sorrowful time 

Mary 

I lost my husband suddenly to a heart attack only age 55.  It has been 5 years now and I need to get out and enjoy life once again. I joined this ground to find new friends who really get it.

Mary   I am so sorry for your loss.   Only people who have experienced loss of a spouse seem to understand.    I am planning to attend the Soaring Spirits conference in Tampa  March 2020.  People I have met via some Facebook widows grief groups have been to the conference and have recommended it to me.    Take care.  Hoping you have some interests or hobbies that can help you get out and about and find some happiness.  

the conference is in Hamilton also very soon.

I know there is one in Toronto next month. 

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service