Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

WELCOME to our community ... tell us about you!

Views: 98923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome Lon.

My husband died December 12, 2017 at the age of 45 years old in a car accident.  We were high school sweethearts and I simply adored him. We have 3 school aged children that are trying to navigate this new life since their super hero has went on to be with the Lord. I'm trying to make good choices every day and stay positive and strong as my life continues on without him. A friend that I just met suggested this site, this is the first time I've ever really talked to strangers or posted anything about this so I really don't know what to expect.

Hi Smoopy, it is good that you found this place. When my wife (high school sweetheart, love at first sight, etc) died suddenly from a heart attack I found this place. That was 3 years ago. In that time I received a lot of helpful comments and support. Please read our stories and comment as you feel appropriate. Many times the random thoughts of others or even their ramblings have assisted me in understanding the terrible burden that grief is. It's been almost a year for you. That first anniversary was difficult for me. I hope that you are able find some friends nearby to help you. If there's one thing I've learned through this process it's that I have had to ask for help from people because most folks just don't know what to do or to say. If you or your children need something and you think someone in your support network can offer it, ask. I wish you well and hope that you find peace.

Thanks for the encouragement. 

Hello, my wife and I were married 09/15/2017. She passed on 01/05/2018. Although we were only married those short few months, we were together for 10 years. She was the love of my life. The once in a lifetime relationship that we all hope for. It has been a rough year to say the least. 

I am so sorry for your loss, andy61453. My husband of 47 years died suddenly, unexpectedly, 3 days after his 69th birthday. In connecting with widows/widowers here and in my community, time in a relationship doesn't mean the pain can be easier or harder. The sorrow is excruciating. It's been 1 year, 3 months, 7 days since Marty died, and I still cry every day. I'm confident in saying, every one of us here knows your pain.

Hi Randy. Thank you for responding to my message with such kind words and encouragement. I am grateful that you did find this site, even if it took a little longer. As you continue to heal, be kind to yourself. I think, When you love someone you just always do. No matter what. I feel I will forever carry a part of Bruce in in my every breath. I can only imagine the concerns you must be having. It sounds to me like you are a most thoughtful and kind person so again, maybe just try to be patient and kind to you. 

Hello, I'm not certain how to navigate this site yet and forums. My name is Sandy (44) and my husband (44) past away exactly 3 months ago. I just survived the first holiday, my 24th wedding anniversary and of course Christmas is coming up. I have two teenagers 17 & 19 are coping along with me. I'm a full-time student and I was supposed to graduate in May 19. My husband encouraged me to go back for many reasons, one being he wanted me to have a better job security. I will be pushing my student teaching off a semester

SandyKay,  If you feel like talking a little bit I would love to talk with you.  I feel a connection to you as my wife's name was Sandra Kay.  I lost her on January 20, 2017 from a sudden illness which was supposed to according to the doctors cure up and be nothing but suddenly became very serious.  I fully understand what you are going through and can give you some pointers as to what to expect as you go forward.  If you feel up to it I would love to communicate with you a bit.

Larry

I'm still trying to take all of this in and being able to process my thoughts.

It will be 3 years for me in May.  I have joined our Desert Widows/Widowers group.  I also have gone to Meetups for about a year and half.  Everyone is single for whatever reason and there are couples too.  It's just a lunch meet up at different restaurants.  I don't always go.

Yesterday, I went and I came home so down!  It seems I don't know what to talk about with other people because I have been with the same man for over 41 years.  That's all I know.  Don't even know what to talk about with other ladies.    We are/were just home bodies/ together 24 hours a day even when we worked, we worked at the same place, drove to work together/ ate lunch together too. Glad to be with one another.  A new member came yesterday, she sat down and she just starting talking non stop.  I wish I could be more outgoing.  I am just at a loss for words when it comes to groups.  For every one in this group I pray for each and everyone.

Mrs. L, I am behind you as my 3 year is in September. I know what you mean about outings and conversation. I am not good in large groups, so I tend to stay away from them. I like my familiar friends as I sometimes feel socially awkward with those I don't know well, trying to make conversation when I have nothing to say.

I also come home many times more blue than when I left the house. Then I think to myself, I thought I was supposed to feel better when I participated in social activities outside my home!

I don't think we should change who we are, especiallly if it's so ingrained in our being. It is just a tougher world for those of us that tend to be inward.

I pray for you and everyone too.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service