Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

WELCOME to our community ... tell us about you!

Views: 78467

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dan,

I understand. I lost my Everything on March 2nd. Having gone in for a surgery we thought would be curative, we learned instead there was spread that didn't show up on the scans and there was nothing more to be done. The day we got home he had Avery in his lap and he said, I have to make him understand why I'm leaving him. As if my heart were not already totally broken that crushed me. That was January 9th. We had him for 51 more days. I thought Avery might grieve himself to death so I worked daily to get him through that rough first few weeks. Without realizing it at the time, helping him, helped me. God Bless you...I am so sorry for your loss and what you are going through.

It sounds like you find that comforting - I hope it is. I cherish the comfort our pets bring to me now. My favorite pictures of my husband are a series of the dog, Niko, going up to lick Michael's face and then Michael throwing his head back in laughter.

Jules,

How precious those pictures must be to you. I look back at photos of Steve with Avery all the time. What would we do without them?

Hugs to you Kitty and Dan.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service