This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

WELCOME to our community ... tell us about you!

Views: 88848

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a 57 year old who has become widowed, husband (72) died of complications of Bladder Cancer on 2/22/2018. It was expected, but not not so soon.

I am an RN, I work with the elderly, while my job is easing them on to what's next, I just didn't think it would happen to me so soon. It's much harder on this side of the stethoscope.

I have two fantastic cats, Latte (19) and Django (2). I'm 5 cats short of being a crazy cat lady.

My parents live close by and have been a tower of strength for me. Work has also kept me centered and on track, my tough times are the evenings and weekends.

Dear Lost Izzie, I offer my condolences. Even though you have seen the passing of people in your line of work, I'm sure you are in a fog right now. If you are and if you don't have to, don't push it away. Looking back on the first while after my wife passed I know I walked thru it but I don't remember much; for this I'm thankful. Right now, concentrate on yourself and Latte and Django. Lean on your parents and ask for help from others. Most people don't know how to help so you may have to direct them. I had to tell people, "Just sit with me" because that is what I needed. I just needed them in the room. Right it is really early for you in this process. Come to the WV. It has been very helpful to all of us. We all get it because we are on very similar roads with you at different stages. Share with us what you want. You are safe here. Many times I've learned a lot from other widowed people so don't feel like you have nothing to say. If it seems right to share, do it. In the meantime, take care of yourself. Concentrate on putting one shoe on at a time - that's a real accomplishment. Please take care. 

Hello IBelieveInYou,

Thank you. 

Hello new friends, my name is Pam. I lost my husband to cancer on July 15th, 2017. It was our anniversary. My 2 sons and I were surrounding him with love and tears as he took his last breath. Joe was my best friend and husband for 30 years. He was the kindest and most loving man I have ever known. My loss is tremendous and painful. I have persevered and pushed through as he would want me to but the grief is at times overwhelming. I miss his presence, his laughter, his company and his love. I never knew what true heartbreak was until now. So much taken away too soon. I feel that I will never again be truely happy but just taking one day at a time until we’re together again. I look forward to sharing my story and hopefully find comfort and comforting others within this community. Peace and love.

PJE, I'm glad that you found WV. Sharing your story will help others and I hope that it also helps you. My wife died suddenly of a heart issue 2.5 years ago. As you say, true heart break. Please share what you feel comfortable sharing and read our stories too. I hope you find some comfort in the words written on this website.

PJE - thank you for introducing yourself and sharing your story.  I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband, Joe.  He sounds wonderful - and much like my Frank who I lost almost 7 years ago to kidney cancer.  I hate that you have to go through this, but glad that you found this online group.  It helped me tremendously.  I was in a very dark place for the first 2-3 years.  But everyone is different.  Keep reaching out.  It helps to communicate and connect with other widowed people.  Take very good care of yourself - as if you are the only best friend you have.  Sometimes you will be your best resource.  But you'll find others here.  Peace and strength being sent your way.  Juls

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service