Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

WELCOME to our community ... tell us about you!

Views: 95925

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, I'm not certain how to navigate this site yet and forums. My name is Sandy (44) and my husband (44) past away exactly 3 months ago. I just survived the first holiday, my 24th wedding anniversary and of course Christmas is coming up. I have two teenagers 17 & 19 are coping along with me. I'm a full-time student and I was supposed to graduate in May 19. My husband encouraged me to go back for many reasons, one being he wanted me to have a better job security. I will be pushing my student teaching off a semester

SandyKay,  If you feel like talking a little bit I would love to talk with you.  I feel a connection to you as my wife's name was Sandra Kay.  I lost her on January 20, 2017 from a sudden illness which was supposed to according to the doctors cure up and be nothing but suddenly became very serious.  I fully understand what you are going through and can give you some pointers as to what to expect as you go forward.  If you feel up to it I would love to communicate with you a bit.

Larry

I'm still trying to take all of this in and being able to process my thoughts.

I joined yesterday.  I wish I wouldn’t have waited this long to reach out.  I lost my husband of 28 years suddenly, August 12,2018.  He was just a week away of turning 59.  Pauly was my life.  He did everything for me.  When he died, I lost everything. My kids, my grandkids, my house.  My life how I knew it was over.  I just turned 51 last week.  I woke up This Monday and decided enough is enough. Pauly doesn’t want to see me like this.  I need help and I’m getting it.  For the first time in 3 months , and 21 days I had a dream and remembered it.  And it was a great dream.  I know it will take time to heal, but with the right people and support.  I know I can do this.  

Hello JustGloria67, I just joined yesterday as well. We lost our husbands close to each other. My husband passed away Sept 4th. Our 24th anniversary would have been Nov  26th. I decided the beginning of Dec I was going to focus on finding my joy again. The waves will come especially with Christmas coming soon. 

Hi I'm Ronda, 57 yr old widow.  Wife, mother of 6 married children, 18 grand children and 1 great grand.

I lost the love of my life November 16, 2018 from a brain hemorrhage.

He had prostate cancer that metastasized to the bones, then to the brain. He was coherent and talking to us

5 hrs before he passed.  He was 1 month shy of being 63, still working 1 week before his death.

I try to be strong for our children, who have been amazing support. I'm not strong, I am a basket case.

Since his death I picked up another job so I don't have to be home alone.  Am working 72 hours a week, and shot.

I'm not eating right, the kids are harping about that.  All I think about is being alone and Dallas no longer here.

Everything we will miss out on.  All I have now are memories with 1000's of pictures.

I have turned our home into his shrine.

I need your help. Medication is not an option.  Support is.  thank you

Hi Ronda, welcome and (((hugs))). You need to be strong for YOU too. You need to take care of yourself.

We are here when you need to talk.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service