Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

WELCOME to our community ... tell us about you!

Views: 97471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was widowed in December 2008; my husband died of small bowel cancer after a 3mos battle.  I was 49 with 4 children, youngest was 14.  We have come a long way.  But, on hard or sad days, I miss my husband so very much.  I work full time which is like therapy to me.  I have 4 grandsons I see 1-2 times a yr because they live out of state.  I would love to connect with others in the Washington DC metro area where I live.  I am open to re-marriage if God wills it for me.  I rely on my Catholic faith each and every day.  And try to be as joyful and grateful as possible every day too!

Attachments:

I'm with you. I'm 51 myself working full time and raising kids keeps one pretty busy, yet it also keeps !e from dwelling on loss. Glad to hear you have kept your faith, I try to always remind us what we have not what we've lost.

Hello,

I'm new here. I lost my husband after a 10 year battle COPD on January 2 2019. My husband was 61 and I'm 45. Live in Oregon. I'm trying very hard to understand all the things and emotions happening. I'm  guessing this is what the fog feels like and survival mode. My husband was also a 13 year Army Veteran. I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten any signs from their loved ones after their passing? Thank you

Ozzy, so sorry you have had to join this club I am into 21 months since I lost my brave Helen.  I am sure I did have some signs in the first few days after I lost Helen.  Some people have said that it was just imagination, they can think what they like I know what I know. 

I must admit I have not had anything after those first few days but that does not stop me from anticipating that Helen will show me the way when I need it most. 

I wrote just the other day on another forum on this site (if you could choose one song to express how you feel after the death of your spouse), that just after I lost Helen a friend of mine wrote a song about "Signs" after listening to a discussion I had been involved in regarding looking for signs.

Ozzy I hope you get as much strength from WW as I have.  Ray

Abigail, welcome to the group that none of us ever wanted to join. I am so very sorry for your loss and especially that you both are of the age where this should never happen. My thoughts are with you and your daughter. It is initially very daunting to navigate this world without your partner. Do you have friends or relatives close to you that can give you some help? You said something very important at the close of your post, that your Greg will gently shift you in the right direction. That really hit home because I am convinced that my husband has done the same for me since he died. I believe that you can trust that he is watching over you both. I wish the best for you and am sending you hugs.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service