Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

WELCOME to our community ... tell us about you!

Views: 103773

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am Donald from NY and lost my loving wife of caner.  I have trouble sleeping and eating now.  My wife was an RN nurse save life.  I went to Grief Share Group mixed crowd. It not done to much for me.  In two week have to be 65 or over for widows only.  I am doing my best but so very hard on me.  Any like to talk to me be nice to hear from you.

Hi donald, I'm also a donald from new york, live on staten island. I sent you a friend request on here. we should talk....when you're ready

Sorry about the loss of your dear wife, Donald.  It's a rough road to travel without her and all here are along the same road having also lost spouses.  As one psychologist said, "When you lose a mate it as if you've suffered an amputation of an arm or a leg.  I think you don't recover; you adjust, and the process of adjustment varies with each individual.  There is no formula."

We all are in a state of "adjustment", but, IMHO, a void will always be with us.  May the Good Lord grant you the strength to cope.

Norm

Hi Donald So sorry that you have joined this club. I lost my wonderful brave Helen 2 and half years ago to that B*"!t"rd cancer. So remember those lonely sleepless nights and the pain and hurt. For me sleep has now become a retreat for which I am so grateful. I just never thought I could just stay in bed for 12 hours or more but some how I can just stay there and for most of the time I have just embrace my time with Helen. I also had great problems with eating which unfortunately still stays with me. I lost about 2 and half stone (about 30lbs - I am in the UK) and have not made any of that back.

Did not engage with any grief groups but I was fortunate to have such a wonderful group of friends who have been so precious to me and have kept me safe and sane.

It just breaks my heart to think of the pain that I know you are going through and I just hope that you have people around you who can help you get you through these early dark days. 

If you have people you can lean on please just let them help. My thoughts are with you.

Ray

Hi Donald,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my husband Doug to Brain cancer a year ago.  No words for the heartache.

This site has helped me.  I hope it will do the same for you. 

A big hug to you from New Jersey

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service