Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

What is the meaning of the green checkmark on our profile picture? Thanks.

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it shows on profiles who signed up for the Pen Pal program.

Omg it has been driving me crazy wonder what the grern check marks are for thank you for your question and please someone confirm the answer about maybe being the pen pal thing. Uugg seriously been looking for that answer for a while now.

Thanks for the info. Maybe it is the penpal notification. I have heard from several people that they signed up but did not get matched with penpals. 

Yes, it does mean that you will respond to notes, letters, or emails. 

I was never "matched" with someone, I just expected to have folks write me and vice-versa.

I exchange emails with several of our members and am fortified by our exchanges.

Frank

Yes, the green check mark means that member is participating in our Widowed Pen Pal Program.

If you signed up and didn't receive matches, let me know and I can check it out. Most times it's because the email went into your junk folder and you missed it. Other times it's because you listed the wrong gender (we only match you up with someone of the same gender) or your date of loss was incorrect.  Our program uses gender, age, time since loss and parenting status to make matches.

If you didn't sign up when you first joined us you can add that if you'd like.  Just go into your settings and change your response to the Pen Pal question; then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the SAVE button. The next time I run the program, you'll be matched.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service