Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

In the early stages of my grief, I was wandering around in a trance-like fog simply feeling lost and pretty destroyed as a result of losing my husband.  It was as if I died with him but I was left behind.

During this time, I was scouting the bargain racks at a neighborhood Barnes and Noble and saw a book called, When God Winks at You:  How The Power of Coincidence Guides Your Life.  I read the first story and it peaked my curiosity, so I bought it (see below).  Soon thereafter, I started to experience what I felt were potentially messages from my husband. 

For example, I was walking back home from the market one day, I came across an advertisement for a TV program called, "Did I really die?"  When I saw it, I whispered under my breath, "Yeah sweetie, you really did."  Another time, I was walking home from a Home Depot, and saw two large smiley type faces drawn in chalk on a wall.  One read, "Hello Grumpy" and the other read, "Be Happy."  There was a time when my husband did something that annoyed me and he walked over and  said the words, "Hello Grumpy" to me to make me smile.  Coincidences, perhaps, and some were less subtle than others but those "coincidences" meant something to me specifically.

So, I'm curious, have you experienced any Winks? 

Views: 4932

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Caution and discretion is definitely key!

Thank you!

Nieta

A week or so before my DH died suddenly, my laptop kept crashing or freezing for no reason.

I've noticed since his death that it hasn't crashed any more.  Was someone/thing trying to tell me something?

Hi Lindi,

Very possible.

Wishing you a beautiful day and journey.

felt several distinct tugs at my bedcovers around 3AM last night. I had been visiting his son and new grandson, I think he was letting me know he was with me.

Hi Barbara,

You never know, and, it is very possible.  Especially, if that is how it made you feel.

Wishing you a beautiful day and journey.

I’ve had 2 strong “God WInks.” And I like that term.

In Heaven! First God WInk was when 2 weeks after my husband died (just almost 2 months ago) was when my mom died. My son was still here so we fly into LGA (Never again with that airport) from Virginia and got a rental. After the 3rd day instruments on the dashboard were not working. Then noticing commercial plates from Louisiana (how odd it was in NY anyway) I felt it was time to head to the local Hertz rental to swap cars even if there was a fee. After we worked things out we started carrying our things from the dysfunctional first car to the new car I noticed we had a car with Virginia plates! It was parked next to a brand new Jeep Rubicon - the same make/model my husband just bought 2 months before he died!

My favorite God WInk to date was actually IN the Jeep. I drive it once a week to keep parts moving. I have left the radio stations on my hubby’s favorite and just change which station I listen to. As I got in the car from my last stop the final line in a song was being sung, one I never hear before. “Just look up in heaven and say a prayer.” I searched down the song and bought it! It’s a beautiful and even upbeat tempo song. I listen to it almost everyday now.

Hi Inside Love,

Firstly, please accept my genuine condolences for your loss.  Your God Winks sound amazing!  It's pretty awesome when something just hits us to let us know they still exist.

It's been 3 years, 8 months and nearly a week since my own hubby "went through."  I say "went through" because, after his memorial service, one of his childhood friends shared something with me that a priest told him years ago.  You see he and his wife lost their first child at a young age and o put things in perspective, that priest said, "Just remember, there's no way out, there's only a way through."  I faithfully hold on to that belief as I travel on my journey and look forward to the day that he and other loved ones welcome me to the other side.

Wishing you a beautiful night, strength and courage in your journey and, many, many God Winks!

Nieta, I gratefully take your wishes -  a beautiful night (there is one ahead, I'm confident), strength (I find myself renewing it hourly)   and courage in my journey. I pray for these and certainly MANY MANY God winks.

In March I'm going to India on a group tour with my Aunt.  (She married my mother's youngest brother and is only 5 years older than I am so we're more like sisters.)

She just e-mailed me and said she'd read that the Taj Mahal is undergoing maintenance and is covered with scaffolding!   I couldn't believe it- my husband Ron and I used to joke that no matter where we went in Europe, the major edifices were always under repair and covered with scaffolding.

Wherever he is now, Ron is laughing!  

Hi Athena53,

Your impending trip sounds wonderful!  The maintenance on the Taj Mahal when you are going sounds like a wonderful and funny God Wink from your Mr.  Have a wonderful time!

Thank you for posting the book suggestion. 

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service