Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Widowed Village has a 24/7 chat room available for our members. It's the place I spent most of my time when I first joined the Village. I made some wonderful friends in there … we were each other's lifeline during those early months … and I was able to meet many of them in person at our Camp Widow events.

I'm a member of the Soaring Spirits Leadership Team and serve as the administrator for Widowed Village. (Soaring Spirits International is the non-profit organization that hosts Widowed Village, the Pen Pal Program, Camp Widow and the Regional Social Groups). I'll be hosting a monthly chat hour to answer your questions and introduce you to the chat room. If you aren't available for this first chat hour and have some questions, please let me know (Email: [email protected]) or post a comment below. 

Hope to see you in the Chat Room this Friday:  5pm Pacific; 6pm Mountain; 7pm Central; 8pm Eastern

http://widowedvillage.org/events/hosted-chat-hour-for-our-new-membe...

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought it would be a good place for me to start but I haven’t seen anyone using it. Are there certain times that it’s more active?  Talking right away not waiting for a reply to a posy would be better for me right now. 

Hi Missymerie

The chat room seems to be most active in the early evenings, also in the mornings sometimes. It is a great place to come to talk about whatever you would like-grief, your day, ups, downs, etc..

There will be a hosted chat this Friday, April 19, 2019 at 5:00pm pacific time, 8:00pm eastern time. It will be hosted by Diane, Widow Village Administrator. There is more information on this under the events tab at the top of each page.

I hope you will join us sometime. Just jump on in.

Hugs,

Lyn

We have members in all of the time zones, so you may find people who are online but not actively in the Chat Room. If there's no active conversation going on in the Chat Room when you pop in, just type your 'hello' and that may get you a response from someone when they hear the chirp. 

We do have 'regulars' who are in the Chat Room daily, but there are other times throughout the day and night when conversations take place between just two or three people who happen to have stopped by. 

Join me in there this Friday and you may find other new members who will share the times when they want to find others in the Chat Room.

Hi Dianne,

I'm glad that you posted this nudge to folks.

When Susan suddenly passed in 2012, I was a mess, a real basket case, and I knew that I was facing something that was more than I could handle by myself.  It was in December, and where I live the snow was the deciding factor when I tried to drive into Denver for a Grief Group.  I was told about WV and I joined about two weeks after Susan's passing.  I looked at the Chat Room through my tears and saw folks discussing just about everything under the sun, laughing, teasing one another and visiting.  At that time I did not have a funny bone in my body.  I was crying, and lost, and alone.  So, I started reading.  I read just about every post, blog, and comment in the Forum. I also joined the sections in Groups that I fit into.  I think it was about a month or two after Susan's passing that I tentatively logged into the Chat Room.  I was immediately welcomed, and made to feel at home.  I was with folks who were using the same words and speaking my language.  I knew I'd found a home.  Over the years I've formed friendships with folks that will last years.  

My days are pretty active.  I don't generally get on WV and then into the Chat Room until 11pm Mountain time.  Don't know where all the West Coast folks are, maybe watching the news and weather, but more times than not, I'm the only person checked in.  If that's the case, after getting caught up on WV, I sign off and play a game or two of Free Cell and then go to bed.

Hugs,

Frank

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service