Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

How did all of you handle this if you had children? Nothing is of great value beyond the sentimental and nothing has been asked for. I can't have these things around forever. Eventually I am going to have to move for financial reasons and so space will be an issue.

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For financial reasons I had two of his friends move in with us shortly after his passing.  That meant that space became an issue and we had to get rid of some of his things.  We had a family meeting and decided to donate most.  I had the kids each choose two of his shirts, which we packed in his travel luggage along with his aftershave, deodorant, toothbrush, watch, wallet, passport, etc.  I also kept some shirts that I will have teddy bears made from, one for each of us.  This is still sitting in my wardrobe.  But when it came to giving the rest to Hospice my kids just couldn't let go, so it's all still packed up in boxes in the garage for some day. 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service