Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I haven't been back to Jerry's grave site yet.  His daughter and I plan on riding up there with the restored "55 Bel Air he never got to drive and blast him some Freebird!  I'm not really looking forward to that.  I wanted to go first alone, when his plaque is in place because seeing that will hit me hard.  Apparently, it's going to be 90 days for that and she want's to go ahead and take the car up there.  So, I'm waiting her call for that gut wrenching ride. 

I have big plans to keep the flowers looking good etc.  but, as life happens I'm sure like most people I know, it will taper off as time goes on.  I was wondering how many of us keep those flowers fresh, how often you really go to the site and make sure it's neat, cleaned up and looking good?   Has time effected how often you go?  When you're there, do you get a sense of acceptance or does it flood you with overwhelming feelings?  

My plan is to go once a month and change out the flowers.  Not just on Jerry's but his wife's as well.  I don't want them mismatched :) They are in a, I guess it's a mausoleum.  It's a big wall thing with lots of spaces.  Thankfully they are at the bottom and I don't have to take a ladder with me to change the flowers.  Part of me is filled with trepidation, I don't want to see his name etched in bronze.  It's too real.  The other part wants to honor both him and his wife and make sure both graves are adorned with fresh flowers.   

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm another who has (most of my wife's) ashes in an urn at home, so I guess it's everyday for me too. I have also scattered some of Judith's ashes in various locations and buried a portion at her parents' grave, located where we grew up. Whenever I visit my folks (a 375-mile drive), I stop at the cemetery.

Thank you all for your replies, I was just curious.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service