Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Good Afternoon,

Today I worked in our flower gardens by myself. :-( I hope everything survives.  Paul is the one who had the green thumb. Not I. I put in Blueish Hostas, Lavender  and Hens & Chicks..  I'm also trying to grow some lavender in a flower pot for the bedroom.  

Regards,

Susan

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sissy, I'm an avid Gardner and I know you will feel joy when you see signs of growth. If you planted seeds it's a thrill when they sprout! gardening can be very rewarding, I speak from experience. It brought flashes of joy even in that first awful summer alone.

Hi Dianthus,

I check my baby plants everyday... Some are just starting to sprout. Others are not.  I put tomato cages around the new Lilac Bushes so they bend or break in the heavy winds we keep having. They look good so far!

Here is my " Stone Rose Garden" that Paul made for me. Do you see the little angel there among the Purple Phox? That came in one of flower arrangements we got. ( Paul's Funeral ) I love it in the garden he made for me.  ... The roses are just starting to Bud. 

Sissy / Susan

hi Sissy,
Beautiful picture! I can tell you are in a warmer climate which is great for gardening. From what I can see your yard is so pretty! I love the angel, what a lively idea!your rose bushes look healthy and that will be lovely.

Hi Dianthus,

Thank You!  The Planting Zone is 7... ( Midwest.)  So it's warm in the Spring, Warmer in Summer, Cool & Comfy in Fall, and USUALLY cold in the winter.   I like the 4 seasons :-) 

Susan / Sissy

It sounds lovely! I'm in Zone 3 but our summers are great! I love all the seasons too.

Thank You!  I'm trying to remember where zone 3 is... I'll look it up. :-)

Susan

I am in New Jersey - and zone 7a I too like the 4 seasons! Even winter! Love gardening - most times except when the weeds get the best of me!

Diane,

It seems like I try about anything new that comes out to get rid of weeds. Nothing really works. :-( 

Susan

Pretty! I was out today too. On a rescue mission. Have white flys eating up my hedge in the back, spent some time spraying them (once again) with Safers. I guess if that doesn't work, my only two options are to call a professional or have them removed. I love working outside though, it gives me peace.

I planted some vinca (flower) from seed, still on my back porch, just poking up now. Tulips and daffodils got fooled into coming up early, most of them didn't do well. I have a plant that my neighbor gave me that I absolutely love and now has very special meaning to me as she died a year ago from ALS. That is coming up now--it' called Jacob's Tears. It produces the most beautiful purplish-blue flowers. Have any of you heard of it? I gave her Lily of the Valley, we both loved to play in the garden, I do miss her friendship. Spring is a beautiful time of year in the northeast--then the migrating birds have returned, I love listening to them sing.

Hi Callie,

Thank You! ... I have heard of Jacob's Tears. but have not seen them.  I have Lily Of The Valley on one side of the house. 

Do you have Mourning Doves ? I love listening to them. I have some shepards hooks for plants and Bird feeders. :-) 

When I plant seeds, it usually doesn't come up. Now, when I TRANSPLANT something, it does great! Paul had the green thumb. I just helped out.

Regards,

Susan

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service