Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

If you could choose one song to express how you feel after the death of your spouse what would it be?

I don't know if this has been posted as a topic before but I am curious if there is a song that seems to hit home for you with regard to the pain of losing your mate. 

While there are numerous songs that seem to capture my emotions the one that hits it on the head is "Doctor My Eyes" by Jackson Browne. As many times as I've listened to this song it never stops expressing my feelings of loss.

Any of you have a song that would express your pain?

Views: 1110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I never imagined there were so many songs out there about loss......and so many that would touch me in such a special way. I listened to 'One More Day" by Damond Rio and I love it! Thank you!

Played that and "Praise you in the storm" by Casting Crowns at Janet's memorial service.

Thanks ….another great song....my husband and I always paid attention to the lyrics of a song. The message in this song reflects how I feel daily.

Yes and a good one. I have to agree PhilEC.

For me it would be  "Always With Me, Always With You" by Joe Satriani, and "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" by Bryan Adams which was our Wedding Waltz song. 

Alan Jackson - its just that way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3CdvI_1e_E

These are all great answers-thank you all for responding!

Another one is "The Dance" by Garth Brooks that and "One More Day" by Diamond Rio pretty  much sums up my feelings of loss.

Nearly 2 years into this different life and one song I cry to each time I listen to it is Alan Jackson "every now and then"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJpOiTQg2U

As the pain eases slightly this song gets more relevant

I know what you mean, does it to me also.

Unchanged Melody: unchained melody youtube

One More Day ( Diamond Rio)  so I could tell him all the things I feel I didn’t say often enough  and Something You Get Through ( Willie Nelson)   My husband and I loved listening to Willie.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service